XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

really slow adb transfer... unbearably slow

Tip us?

PhansWay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy really slow adb transfer... unbearably slow

i am running cyanogen mod 10.1.3 and i want to do a adb backup so i can then restore on a stock 4.4 factory image (cant do a recovery backup because i dont have enough space and i cant do a cloud backup because of my internet) but when i do an adb backup it just takes forever... i backed up the whole dayyesterday and then canceled it at the end of the day and only found out it transfered 4gb for the entire day. i tried 3 different computers so its nexus 7 that is causing problems. has anyone had this problem and does anyone have a solution or tips? please help me, i cannot delete anything because i cannot redownload

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 port. I know when I did a full ADB backup of my 32GB Nexus 7, it took a few hours, but not the entire day.

Did you also try different cables? I use the one that came with my Nexus 7 and it works fine.

Also, remember that MTP mode is the only way to do this which is SLOWER than being able to access the SD card via straight USB mass storage connection.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD (unlocked) running Eclipse
32gb Nexus 7

PhansWay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 port. I know when I did a full ADB backup of my 32GB Nexus 7, it took a few hours, but not the entire day.

Did you also try different cables? I use the one that came with my Nexus 7 and it works fine.

Also, remember that MTP mode is the only way to do this which is SLOWER than being able to access the SD card via straight USB mass storage connection.
i am using original cable and it's on usb 2.0 mode... but i dont need to use adb anymore.. i just copied the sd card to my pc then deleted everything then my nexus finaly had room to make a backup. thanks for the help anyway