XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost WIFI

Tip us?

Mudahuda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Lost WIFI

I'll explain: I was on Dr. Ketan's custom rom V5 and upgraded to V6-1, first wifi was not working(not even able to turn it on). Remembered there was a fix and flashed it thru mobile odin. Didn't work. Flashed Devil Kernel and i was able to turn it On and Off but it doesn't connect to any wifi, the signal goes to 0 and it says "Authentication error". Moved to another ROM (SupremeBeam 3.0) to see if it fixes and the answer is no, it's still there the problem.

Anyway check this video to see what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV3xZypPps8

It may be the bootloader that needs to be upgraded? I didn't flash the new bootloader, still with the one from 4.1.2.

manan999583
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Ok try this
1. Flash dr ketan's rom v6
2. If u wifi dsnt turn on, go to download mode and flash wifi fix via odin and reboot
3. If ur wifi gives authentication error, go to ur recovery, wipe data/cache/system/preload/dalvik cache and flash dr ketans v6 rom again... now u shud have wifi working :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manan999583 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mudahuda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I will try, but tried something similar wich was flashing V6 then fix then devils kernel then wipe cache and dalvik

Second was flash V6 then ddvils kernel then fix but still not working.

Flashing another ROM does nothing so it must be bootloader because on V5 wifi was working.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

profesor71
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan999583 View Post
Ok try this
2. If u wifi dsnt turn on, go to download mode and flash wifi fix via odin and reboot
3. If ur wifi gives authentication error, go to ur recovery, wipe data/cache/system/preload/dalvik cache and flash dr ketans v6 rom again... now u shud have wifi working :thumbup:

Thanks man, it worked for me !

Mudahuda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan999583 View Post
Ok try this

Ok, after being on Supremebean for these days that i've been busy, just did a "install a new rom" wipe from philz recovery and installed Ketans rom V6, now wifi magically works and without having to install the wifi patch.

I have to say that i wiped cache and dalvik cache after installing the rom.

Problem solved, i'll leave this open if someone else needs help.