[Q] CM KFHD 7 was stable 5 months, now stuck at blue "Kindle" logo??
Hey everyone, first time caller, long time listener here. Apologies for the long post but I figured I'd rather provide all the details upfront.
I've had a KFHD 7" for about a year now and have been lurking around the KFHD dev forums ever since, anxiously awaiting ROM's made available for the 7. Finally in July I took the plunge, and using KFFA, downgraded to stock Kindle OS 7.2.3 and followed opensystem's thread here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2347170
) on using FireFlash to install kfhd7-Freedom-boot-7.3.0.img as the bootloader and kfhd7-twrp 184.108.40.206-recovery.img as the recovery. Success and all was beautiful!
Since then I've:
* Updated TWRP to version 2.5.0 via Hashcode's ZIP within TWRP
* Updated CM to version 10.2 (8/12/2013 build)
* Reverted CM to version 10.1 (had stability problems)
* Updated TWRP to version 220.127.116.11 via Hashcode's ZIP within TWRP
* Updated CM to version 10.2 (11/15/2013 build)
* Updated TWRP to version 18.104.22.168 via Hashcode's ZIP within TWRP
All this succeeded, and was stable until Thanksgiving Day (go figure). With my tablet acting somewhat laggy, I rebooted it as I have many times before. This time, when the "Kindle" logo went from Orange & White to Blue & White, it froze. I waited 5, 10, 20 minutes and longer, nothing. Wiped Cache, Dalvik, etc via TWRP and tried again... nothing. Reflashed TWRP 22.214.171.124 and CM 10.1 from zips, still freezes. And then it gets really weird when I factory reset it. Here's the sequence of events:
* Restored Kindle OS 7.2.3 via KFFA and fastboot, turned of Amazon updating
* Used FireFlash to install kfhd7-Freedom-boot-7.3.0.img and kfhd7-twrp 126.96.36.199-recovery.img
* Rebooted to TWRP 188.8.131.52 and installed TWRP 184.108.40.206 via Hash's ZIP
* Rebooted to TWRP 220.127.116.11 and installed CM 11.0 (11/25/2013 build)
* Reinstalled applications, etc.
Beautiful again! Worked for several hours with it yesterday, then decided to reboot again and... BAM! Back to the frozen "Kindle" blue & white logo again. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is there some way I can pull up a display of what the bootloader is doing behind the splash screen to see where it is falling over? (BTW, fastboot works, I can still boot into TWRP, and I have a factory cable)
Thanks in advance to all!