5,605,835 Members 47,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't convert app to System App (Titanium Backup) - System ROM is Full

Tip us?

keboose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't convert app to System App (Titanium Backup) - System ROM is Full

I have Liquit Nitro V7 installed on my Nitro HD, and I wanted to use an old APN backup program to restore my APN's from the stock ROM (right now it just has the basic one to make and receive calls.) For the app to edit APN's on this version of android, I need to convert it to a system app (to get the proper permissions.) When I go into Titanium Backup and tell it to convert the app to a system app, I get an error: "Not enough free space on system ROM."

I went to the main page to get a look, and whaddya know, the system ROM has 0 bytes free! I'm not sure if it's a factor, but it might explain why my phone is so slow when I use it. Is there a way to free up that ROM? can I make more? What can I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-04 18.16.23.png
Views:	386
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	2433582  

keboose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
scratch that - I removed Facebook as a system app and restarted. It gave me 18MB of ROM back that I used to convert the APN app (would be nice to free up more though.)

Now I have a new problem: my phone won't open it's data or GPS connections. I've restarted twice, and made sure that data and GPS are actually enabled, but neither the 3G icon or the GPS 'target' icon appear in my information bar, and I can't use either one. I manually entered my APN's first, and they didn't work, so I restored from my backup, but those didn't work, either. What can I do?