5,605,685 Members 48,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How the heck do I get back to stock?

Tip us?

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How the heck do I get back to stock?

I just got a replacement rezound because my other one had a million problems. The new one seemed to work perfectly so I unlocked the bootloader and installed a cm11. Everything seemed to work great until I realised that I couldn't make phone calls. Whenever I would call or someone would call me the call would instantly end. I figured it was a problem with cm11 so installed another rom and had the same problem. Then I installed a sense rom and still no calls. I have tried those Ruus and it just says that it can't update my phone. I even tried the ota stock rooted rom and that didn't even flash because it was corrupted. I just need to get back to stock so I can return this stupid thing.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabezermeno View Post
I just got a replacement rezound because my other one had a million problems. The new one seemed to work perfectly so I unlocked the bootloader and installed a cm11. Everything seemed to work great until I realised that I couldn't make phone calls. Whenever I would call or someone would call me the call would instantly end. I figured it was a problem with cm11 so installed another rom and had the same problem. Then I installed a sense rom and still no calls. I have tried those Ruus and it just says that it can't update my phone. I even tried the ota stock rooted rom and that didn't even flash because it was corrupted. I just need to get back to stock so I can return this stupid thing.
1.) are you s-off? 2.) The ruu's and most ota's will only work while s-off and a relocked bootloader 3.) are you a sim card user or verizon?
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
1.) are you s-off? 2.) The ruu's and most ota's will only work while s-off and a relocked bootloader 3.) are you a sim card user or verizon?
So I have to go through the pain in the ass to get s-off? Damn. And yeah I'm on Verizon. Don't I have to have linux to get s-off?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabezermeno View Post
So I have to go through the pain in the ass to get s-off? Damn. And yeah I'm on Verizon. Don't I have to have linux to get s-off?
its actually not a pain at all...i can do it in 5 minutes...just follow my 2 guides and you will be all set bud....you can run linux from a live cd...no need to install on pc....i recommend the 32 bit to make it even easier on you
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

gabezermeno
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
its actually not a pain at all...i can do it in 5 minutes...just follow my 2 guides and you will be all set bud....you can run linux from a live cd...no need to install on pc....i recommend the 32 bit to make it even easier on you
Which guides would those be exactly? I can run linux from a usb drive no problem but I don't know where to look for the most current wire trick for s-off

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1171

DONATE TO ME
They are right here in the q&a section....one is an s-off guide which is required for downgrading to stock and the other is a downgrade/upgrade guide...once on stock ROM and recovery there is another method for gaining son back so you'll have straight from factory stock....but if you plan on keeping and using the phone I suggest keeping s-off....when I get a few minutes and access to PC I'll dig up links unless you find them...they both are on first page of q&a section

Sent from my B14CKB1RD REZ0UND using xda app-developers app
Samsung Relay 4g
HTC REZOUND