XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Magazine in English?

Tip us?

donalgodon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 617
Default My Magazine in English?

Even though I live in Panama, I am fully bilingual and prefer to use my device in US English. The "My Magazine" app, however, for some reason inexplicable, retrieves all news stories in Spanish despite the fact that my default language is set to English and that I have set the app preferences in "My Magazine" to retrieve stories from the United States.

Is there any way to force the "My Magazine" app to actually obey the settings of the system? I assume it just reads my IP and pushes the feed based on that.

Anyone have any ideas?
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
I assume it just reads my IP and pushes the feed based on that.

Anyone have any ideas?
This I think is correct. As it is local/regional news based it'll push in the local language. There could be a way to hack the settings of it somehow or force an IP proxy.. but that's a lot of work for one app and way out of most peoples grasp lol
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]