XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble rooting

Tip us?

ghost19d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Trouble rooting

I am almost done rooting my HTC One. I am able to boot into recovery and get into TWRP but when i go to install it goes directly to SD (which I don't have). I have looked through all of the folders to find the .zip file that I need to install SU but it is not there. I have downloaded it directly to the phone as well as added it from "file transfer." File transfer that there are 3 zip files on the phones internal memory but nothing shows up in Team Win. Help?

Also when I reboot from Team Win, I get a message that tells me I am not rooted, and asks if I want to install SU.....I am afraid ill brick the phone if I swipe to install with no zip selected.

ghost19d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default figured it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost19d View Post
I am almost done rooting my HTC One. I am able to boot into recovery and get into TWRP but when i go to install it goes directly to SD (which I don't have). I have looked through all of the folders to find the .zip file that I need to install SU but it is not there. I have downloaded it directly to the phone as well as added it from "file transfer." File transfer that there are 3 zip files on the phones internal memory but nothing shows up in Team Win. Help?

Also when I reboot from Team Win, I get a message that tells me I am not rooted, and asks if I want to install SU.....I am afraid ill brick the phone if I swipe to install with no zip selected.
I had installed the wrong package for TWRP. Got it changed over and it works fine now!