5,605,311 Members 39,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Screen stops responding?

Tip us?
 
slyr114
Old
(Last edited by slyr114; 3rd December 2013 at 06:10 PM.)
#1  
slyr114's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 333
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland
Default (Q) Screen stops responding?

So across all roms including stock and cm based my touch screen will randomly stop working and i am forced to reboot the phone via the little pin hole method unless i am missing a hardware key reset combo? Anyway the screen turns on and everything looks like it works except the fact that none of my touches register at all? How do i fix this issue? Its not a big deal when i am at home with a pin or pencil but sometimes i am away from home and cant reset it...
Direct link to my gallery of native Touchpad resolution wallpapers: Here
Link to relevant Reddit post about my gallery with instructions on how to set them without any crop or blur: Here
 
Hnk1
Old
#2  
Hnk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyr114 View Post
So across all roms including stock and cm based my touch screen will randomly stop working and i am forced to reboot the phone via the little pin hole method unless i am missing a hardware key reset combo? Anyway the screen turns on and everything looks like it works except the fact that none of my touches register at all? How do i fix this issue? Its not a big deal when i am at home with a pin or pencil but sometimes i am away from home and cant reset it...
Well, just hold down on/off button and power up button for few seconds. You will feel a vibration. It will restart
Hold it a bit more and it will switch off with three vibrations.

I guess you should get your phone checked. It seems to me hardware problem. it could be a bug too but chances are slim!

Secondly, try clearing dalvik and cache but I am afraid it wouldnt be of help!
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS BEEN NOT WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST


CONTACT ME ON BBM
 
BBM PIN : 74620ff5
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
slyr114
Old
#3  
slyr114's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 333
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1 View Post
Well, just hold down on/off button and power up button for few seconds. You will feel a vibration. It will restart
Hold it a bit more and it will switch off with three vibrations.

I guess you should get your phone checked. It seems to me hardware problem. it could be a bug too but chances are slim!

Secondly, try clearing dalvik and cache but I am afraid it wouldnt be of help!
Volume up and power button does nothing for me at all... Also would sony even look at it if im running a custom rom with an unlocked bootloader? Doesnt that null the warranty>?
Direct link to my gallery of native Touchpad resolution wallpapers: Here
Link to relevant Reddit post about my gallery with instructions on how to set them without any crop or blur: Here
 
Hnk1
Old
#4  
Hnk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 420
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyr114 View Post
Volume up and power button does nothing for me at all... Also would sony even look at it if im running a custom rom with an unlocked bootloader? Doesnt that null the warranty>?
Just go on stock rom n relock your bootloader. Sony might ask and make sure you say nothing about rooting, custom rom or anything. Just it's not working well should be the answer.
Secondly, try volume down +power for few seconds when phone is on. Even try volume up+down +power for few seconds.

Make sure you hold these buttons simultaneously.
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

DO YOU WANT A TUTORIAL/GUIDE THAT HAS BEEN NOT WRITTEN OR COULD BE EXPLAINED IN DETAILS PM ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE

BUYING A NEW DEVICE. READ THIS GUIDE FIRST


CONTACT ME ON BBM
 
BBM PIN : 74620ff5
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes