5,595,268 Members 46,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Non-responsive touchscreen

Tip us?
 
fissure
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Non-responsive touchscreen

I've had my ultra z for a little over a month, love it.....until now. The touchscreen is not responsive on about 90% of the screen, and the other 10% it is iffy. It is unusable now. I bought the phone directly from the sony store in canada, called sony they told me to do a software update using pc companion, which I did, it didn't work. Now I have to send the phone in to "be evaluated" which could take upto 14 business days!!!! No loaner phones are given, so basically I have to scrounge to find a replacement for the next few weeks. I'm posting here to see if 1) anyone else has had this problem and fixed it, and 2) any input on dealing with the service people at sony

The phone has no physical damage, I have never dropped it or hit it against anything, been very careful with it. I didn't put a protector on it. I have cleaned it with water and a microfibre cloth. When I touch the screen it clearly doesn't feel as smooth in all areas, and I am guessing that maybe the oleophobic coating has worn off a bit, and that somehow has affected the touchscreen responsiveness? I can't think of anything else.
 
hamdogg
Old
(Last edited by hamdogg; 4th December 2013 at 05:49 AM.)
#2  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 977
Posts: 1,491
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
I can't think of anything else.
1) No issue with screen. Was charging and discharging issue.
2) As of this Friday it will be 6 weeks for me. . . 6 weeks without my Ultra!!
 
fissure
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
1) No issue with screen. Was charging and discharging issue.
2) As of this Friday it will be 6 weeks for me. . . 6 weeks without my Ultra!!
6 weeks is quite a bit of time.

Update on my ultra, now it has ZERO responiveness. It is basically a brick. Can't get past the lock screen. This is f'in ridiculous. And on top of things, Sony wants me to pay for the purolator to ship it to them, what a bunch of B.S.

NEVER getting a sony phone EVER again. Should've gone with the Note3 ugh.
 
hamdogg
Old
#4  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 977
Posts: 1,491
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
6 weeks is quite a bit of time.

Update on my ultra, now it has ZERO responiveness. It is basically a brick. Can't get past the lock screen. This is f'in ridiculous. And on top of things, Sony wants me to pay for the purolator to ship it to them, what a bunch of B.S.

NEVER getting a sony phone EVER again. Should've gone with the Note3 ugh.
So let me get this straight.

You bought it from the Sony store. You returned it to the same store, and they want to charge you for shipping?
Refuse. Simple! Don't pay it. You have 1 year limited warantee. You don't need to pay for anything (unless its user fault) which upon testing they would be able to determine that...

Refuse to pay. Its the stores responsibility. They would then be compensated by Sony corp. HQ
 
fissure
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
So let me get this straight.

You bought it from the Sony store. You returned it to the same store, and they want to charge you for shipping?
Refuse. Simple! Don't pay it. You have 1 year limited warantee. You don't need to pay for anything (unless its user fault) which upon testing they would be able to determine that...

Refuse to pay. Its the stores responsibility. They would then be compensated by Sony corp. HQ
No I haven't yet returned it. I was mistaken about the shipping; Sony emailed me a purolator label for shipping, so it won't cost me to ship it. However, a phone that is 45 days old shouldn't have a dead touchscreen given that the phone hasn't suffered any damage. In addition, I don't give a **** that I'm 15 days over the 30 day store warranty, they should simply exchange the phone, this is absolutely ridiculous. I conveyed that today to Sony and am expecting a manager to call me back within 1-2 business days, we'll see what happens but I don't expect much given the level of customer service so far.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes