5,606,409 Members 33,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help switching from SuperSU to Superuser, please!!!

Tip us?

PwnYourFace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help switching from SuperSU to Superuser, please!!!

Hello,

So, I have the T-Mobile S4, obviously, and I updated to 4.3 using Kies. Well, long story short, after the updated I couldn't use WiFi at all. I ended up using Odin and putting the stock firmware back on, and that fixed everything.

Now, I rooted it using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 but, the SuperSU root isn't letting me use OBackup, now. Before, when I had Superuser, it let me use it just fine.

Is there any way to switch from SuperSU to Superuser? I've been reading a few threads but they are all for 4.2.2 and I'm not sure if it'll work on 4.3. I read on one of the threads to use "CWM recovery" and use Odin and that would work, but again, that's 4.2.2.

Any ideas would be great.

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 760
Have you tried downloading it from the playstore?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1885

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: root issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnYourFace View Post
Hello,

So, I have the T-Mobile S4, obviously, and I updated to 4.3 using Kies. Well, long story short, after the updated I couldn't use WiFi at all. I ended up using Odin and putting the stock firmware back on, and that fixed everything.

Now, I rooted it using this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 but, the SuperSU root isn't letting me use OBackup, now. Before, when I had Superuser, it let me use it just fine.

Is there any way to switch from SuperSU to Superuser? I've been reading a few threads but they are all for 4.2.2 and I'm not sure if it'll work on 4.3. I read on one of the threads to use "CWM recovery" and use Odin and that would work, but again, that's 4.2.2.

Any ideas would be great.
The easiest way to solve the problem is to re-odin flash stock 4.2.2 firmware.
After that download CF-AUTOROOT and odin flash it.

After that you will be fully rooted and all apps which require root will work again.

Here is the direct download link for cf-autoroot: http://download.chainfire.eu/328/CF-...etrieve_file=1

p.s. you might need to re-flash cwm or twrp custom recovery.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

PwnYourFace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
Have you tried downloading it from the playstore?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah; I tried downloading it from the playstore, but all it tells me once I open it is that the it is oudated and needs to update. I hit "Update" and then it crashes the app, and restarts the phone into recovery mode with no prompts except "reboot phone".

And the thing is I do NOT want to go back to 4.2.2. I want to find a way back to Superuser instead of SuperSU.

PwnYourFace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
The easiest way to solve the problem is to re-odin flash stock 4.2.2 firmware.
After that download CF-AUTOROOT and odin flash it.

After that you will be fully rooted and all apps which require root will work again.

Here is the direct download link for cf-autoroot

p.s. you might need to re-flash cwm or twrp custom recovery.

Good luck!
The thing is I don't want to go back to 4.2.2. I like 4.3, I just need Superuser instead of SuperSU.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app