[Q] HTC one can't flash new recovery

Tip us?

williem3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] HTC one can't flash new recovery

Alright here is the situation I am in.

I rooted my phone so I could flash some custom roms. After realizing I can't receive MMS without being on stock I decided to return to the original state of my phone. I followed the Guru unroot thing but I downloaded and flashed the wrong recovery/radio file. Now my phone won't go to recovery because it's the touch screen recovery I am guessing which mine does not support and for some reason usb debugging isn't enabled and I can't enable it so going to fastboot and reflashing a new recovery isn't working.
When I do go to recovery I just see my screen light up a bit to a grey color but then it ends up turning into a black screen with a red triangle (error I'm guessing) that I must reboot the phone in order to get back to bootloader.

I'm lost right now at what to do because this is seriously scaring me. I'm currently on the World Wide Stock Recovery Guru file thing.

Please help!

williem3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone? I really need help

deeevan
Old
(Last edited by deeevan; 5th December 2013 at 04:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
That sounds like the stock recovery. Can you try press the volume up button on that screen? That should get you into the stock recovery menu rather than your old custom recovery.

Is the phone booting ok? ie. Into Sense? What info is displayed on the bootloader screen?

Edit: I might be assuming a few too many things, as your description is very vague. Can you post links to what 'things' you downloaded, steps and options selected
The Following User Says Thank You to deeevan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

williem3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeevan View Post
That sounds like the stock recovery. Can you try press the volume up button on that screen? That should get you into the stock recovery menu rather than your old custom recovery.

Is the phone booting ok? ie. Into Sense? What info is displayed on the bootloader screen?

Edit: I might be assuming a few too many things, as your description is very vague. Can you post links to what 'things' you downloaded, steps and options selected
It was booting to sense fine but it's okay now. I finally got it working, for some reason my USB port on my computer wasn't working so I switched ports and I was able to flash a new recovery and do the entire process over with the correct recovery/radio. Thank you though for your response!