Extended Battery choices and experiences

Tip us?

goldentequila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Extended Battery choices and experiences

Hi,

I just ordered GS3 and am waiting for it to arrive. It's T999L, but I figured there shouldn't be any difference in terms of extended battery options. I'm thinking to buy an extended battery, so I'd like to hear people's experiences and recommendations. I've already done some search, and here are my thoughts:

- There are extended batteries that are too thick to fit in the original back cover, but they offer longer battery life (of course). Biggest issue for me is, I'd want to use a regular protective case on my phone, and looks like if I make my phone thicker with one of those batteries, I'd have to order a bigger case instead.

- There are extended batteries that do fit in the original back cover. But, I ponder if it's really worth the extra $ spent compared to the stock battery.

What have been your experience? Please share

Thanks,

GT

ibous
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've got the genuine samsung 3000 mAh battery and it's been great. You give up no functionality especially NFC and I get over 5hrs of screen time. There was a thread about it and many others in the accessories section.
I suggest you take a look there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

goldentequila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibous View Post
I've got the genuine samsung 3000 mAh battery and it's been great. You give up no functionality especially NFC and I get over 5hrs of screen time. There was a thread about it and many others in the accessories section.
I suggest you take a look there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oh ok. Thanks for the suggestion With 3000mAh, were you able to use a regular case on your GS3? Could you tell me which case you used if it fit?