XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop after using LG Support Tool - GT540 updated to V20B

Tip us?

anijatsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootloop after using LG Support Tool - GT540 updated to V20B

Sorry if the problem was written about before, but I've been looking through this forum and google for two days already and I've really run out of ideas. I had bought an used GT 540 from a friend and it worked remarkably well when I flashed it to SDSL 4.0 After having fun with learning the smartphone, since it was my first one, I decided to switch to it as my main phone.

First I wanted to take my simlock off, since it was locked to Orange (PL) and I'm in another network. I've read that it's possible to unlock phones only on stock ROMs, so I decided to use LG Support Tool for it (which I swear to never use again). It said that a new version is available and has flashed my phone to V20B.
Here the problems begin, because the boot is looping at the Android logo. The animation is playing for around half a minute, pauses for a half of a second, then the screen goes black and it appears again.

I've tried to flash the phone using KDZ_FW_UPD_EN and various ROMs in "download mode" by pressing vol - and power buttons.
The first few times it gave me an error:
Quote:
13:55:00 : Smart : wParam = 100, lParam = 6
13:55:00 : Step : Upgrade Error error code =6
but for the past few times it seems to have completed successfully.

I don't know how to enter fastboot, it's possible that it's been removed along when I flashed the phone using the LG app.

I'm new to Android in general, what other info should I provide to help troubleshooting?

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default hey

to enter fastnoot u need to press camer(hold long)+ power button

if this dont work search on the google a kdz file with fastboot
flash it via KDZ UPDATER 3QGCT and CS_Eemregency try it without battery and simcard :d
The Following User Says Thank You to Wooby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anijatsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooby View Post
to enter fastnoot u need to press camer(hold long)+ power button

if this dont work search on the google a kdz file with fastboot
flash it via KDZ UPDATER 3QGCT and CS_Eemregency try it without battery and simcard :d
Thanks a lot I wasn't sure of the combination or thought that I checked it earlier and it didn't work.
I've managed to flash a fastboot ROM and then use fastboot to wipe the partitions. Afterwards I flashed the stock ROM (if anybody's curious, it's called FranceOrangeV20C_Fastboot.kdz). Apparently the wipe fixed the bootloop problem along the way, the data on the partitions must've conflicted with the stock rom, not allowing it to boot.

Wooby
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Nice too hear it

Wysłane z mojego GT-540 przy użyciu Tapatalka