5,597,397 Members 31,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mount issue with internal SD Card-is there a permanent fix?

Tip us?

d1david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mount issue with internal SD Card-is there a permanent fix?

Thank you to all the developers on here.

I recently wiped everything, flashed the Baked ROM and got the following error messages when trying to use the camara:

---------
No Storage
No external storage available

Insert an SD card before using the camara.
-------------
I have just over a gig available on my internal card and have 27 gig on my external card. So the capacity is not the issue. I also can't download podcasts since it is giving me a similar error message.

I tried sdswap but when I went to reboot, got stuck on the boot animation for a half hour.

I then went into cwm recovery, wiped everything and tried the AOSP ICS 4.04 ROM, but ran into the same issue. I then wiped everything again and tried the AOKP 4.2.2 ROM and am still getting the same errors.

My phone works fine, but I can't take pictures or download any attachments till this gets fixed.

I searched the forums for the exhibit and saw some temporary fixes.....but all of those fixed are gone when phone is rebooted. I don't want to have to do a fix after every reboot. Please help.
Thanks,
David

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1david View Post
Thank you to all the developers on here.

I recently wiped everything, flashed the Baked ROM and got the following error messages when trying to use the camara:

---------
No Storage
No external storage available

Insert an SD card before using the camara.
-------------
I have just over a gig available on my internal card and have 27 gig on my external card. So the capacity is not the issue. I also can't download podcasts since it is giving me a similar error message.

I tried sdswap but when I went to reboot, got stuck on the boot animation for a half hour.

I then went into cwm recovery, wiped everything and tried the AOSP ICS 4.04 ROM, but ran into the same issue. I then wiped everything again and tried the AOKP 4.2.2 ROM and am still getting the same errors.

My phone works fine, but I can't take pictures or download any attachments till this gets fixed.

I searched the forums for the exhibit and saw some temporary fixes.....but all of those fixed are gone when phone is rebooted. I don't want to have to do a fix after every reboot. Please help.
Thanks,
David
This is bizarre, I wonder if your device is/was/has gone bad? Also I would avoid SwapSD unless it's been determined the ROM is 100% compatible based on user comments. Those things cause more problems then they solve sometimes. Also have you checked file apps like ES Explorer to see if your cards are being read? Check settings/storage and if you are getting reads on all three storage elements then something else is at work. In that case IDK?!

d1david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger View Post
This is bizarre, I wonder if your device is/was/has gone bad? Also I would avoid SwapSD unless it's been determined the ROM is 100% compatible based on user comments. Those things cause more problems then they solve sometimes. Also have you checked file apps like ES Explorer to see if your cards are being read? Check settings/storage and if you are getting reads on all three storage elements then something else is at work. In that case IDK?!
Thanks. Es file explorer recognizes the external sd card...but clicing on storage (internal sd card), it says its unmounted.

I rebooted into cwm recovery... mounted only the internal sd card, rebooted, and es file manager still says it is unmounted. You are probably right, probably a hardware issue, but it's weird how if I go to system settings, storage, it tells me how much available internal storage I have available which implies the internal sd card is mounted...

Proud2banoob
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Thanks. Es file explorer recognizes the external sd card...but clicing on storage (internal sd card), it says its unmounted.

I rebooted into cwm recovery... mounted only the internal sd card, rebooted, and es file manager still says it is unmounted. You are probably right, probably a hardware issue, but it's weird how if I go to system settings, storage, it tells me how much available internal storage I have available which implies the internal sd card is mounted...
During my recent trials, I have learned that you can't mount your ext sd card with CWM, but you have to do it with a computer (at least, that's what I read). CWM was not recognizing my ext sd, either. I did not spend time learning how to get the ext card recognized, as I was worried about solving other problems, but I do remember that CWM can't mount your external card.

d1david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2banoob View Post
During my recent trials, I have learned that you can't mount your ext sd card with CWM, but you have to do it with a computer (at least, that's what I read). CWM was not recognizing my ext sd, either. I did not spend time learning how to get the ext card recognized, as I was worried about solving other problems, but I do remember that CWM can't mount your external card.
I think you meant to say internal sd. Either way, I did read that hooking it up to the laptop will mount it... but I don't want to have to do that after everytime I reboot.... just seeing if there is a permanent fix.
thanks

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
I think you meant to say internal sd. Either way, I did read that hooking it up to the laptop will mount it... but I don't want to have to do that after everytime I reboot.... just seeing if there is a permanent fix.
thanks
Btw you're not using an app called SD Card Boost are you? If so that is what's causing your problem as the exact same thing happened to me when using that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit running AOIP.

d1david
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Btw you're not using an app called SD Card Boost are you? If so that is what's causing your problem as the exact same thing happened to me when using that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit running AOIP.
Nope--- this whole thing is due to me being a NOOB. NOOB's take notice! Don't be like me.
I realize what the problem was....after switching to baked bean ROM originally, I did a backup with cwm... not realizing that the back up would take most of my internal sd space.... I had less than 100 mb left on the internal card and so the internal card shuts down, even though it has plenty of space to take a few pictures or download some pdfs... it just wasn't accessable.

I freed up another 100 mb on the internal... and lo and behold I can take pictures or download. Now I have the option when using the camera to use the external sd card (not sure why it doesn't give you that option to begin with)...

I was looking at the wrong setting earlier.... I saw I had .96 gig available... but that must have been the ram...not the internal sd card.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.... I am back to the 4.2.2 AOKP rom and loving it. Sorry everyone.

Doobski
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hey, I'm kinda having a similar problem (since it's similar and from my lack of posts I cant post on the 4.4 thread. I thought I'd ask here ).

When I flash the 4.4 ROM, it seems my external and internal sd isn't mounted, it gives me an "invalid path" when using Es File Explorer.
Not sure if this is a problem everyone has and it's not fixed yet (If its even a problem at all), or I'm just having this problem, lol.
I'm not receiving this problem on any other rom I flash just the 4.4.

Note: I wipe Dalvik, Cache, and Data. I also tried wiping my system and Ext SD. I tried to Google a solution, but all I found was weird ritual answers, like take out battery and sd. Wait 5 min, while you wait, do the Hokey Pokey, lol.

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
Nope--- this whole thing is due to me being a NOOB. NOOB's take notice! Don't be like me.
I realize what the problem was....after switching to baked bean ROM originally, I did a backup with cwm... not realizing that the back up would take most of my internal sd space.... I had less than 100 mb left on the internal card and so the internal card shuts down, even though it has plenty of space to take a few pictures or download some pdfs... it just wasn't accessable.

I freed up another 100 mb on the internal... and lo and behold I can take pictures or download. Now I have the option when using the camera to use the external sd card (not sure why it doesn't give you that option to begin with)...

I was looking at the wrong setting earlier.... I saw I had .96 gig available... but that must have been the ram...not the internal sd card.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.... I am back to the 4.2.2 AOKP rom and loving it. Sorry everyone.
We all started and were noobs at some time, don't feel bad!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobski View Post
Hey, I'm kinda having a similar problem (since it's similar and from my lack of posts I cant post on the 4.4 thread. I thought I'd ask here ).

When I flash the 4.4 ROM, it seems my external and internal sd isn't mounted, it gives me an "invalid path" when using Es File Explorer.
Not sure if this is a problem everyone has and it's not fixed yet (If its even a problem at all), or I'm just having this problem, lol.
I'm not receiving this problem on any other rom I flash just the 4.4.

Note: I wipe Dalvik, Cache, and Data. I also tried wiping my system and Ext SD. I tried to Google a solution, but all I found was weird ritual answers, like take out battery and sd. Wait 5 min, while you wait, do the Hokey Pokey, lol.
Unfortunately this is a bug with 4.4. The internal card actually should show up twice in ES Explorer (4.4 ROM only), and only 1 path invalid. The external card has path problems in Titanium Backup and RAM Expander. This is why I ended up not using KitKat for this phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArtfulDodger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Doobski
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
We all started and were noobs at some time, don't feel bad!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Unfortunately this is a bug with 4.4. The internal card actually should show up twice in ES Explorer (4.4 ROM only), and only 1 path invalid. The external card has path problems in Titanium Backup and RAM Expander. This is why I ended up not using KitKat for this phone.
Ahh, thank you. Yea, I really wanna use it, but I guess I cant till a solution comes along.