5,606,722 Members 37,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

More lag AFTER rooting and debloating?

Tip us?

alias747
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default More lag AFTER rooting and debloating?

This may be purely placebo... But I swear that after I rooted and got rid of a bunch of bloat last night that I am seeing more lag than ever. Seems sometimes it take longer for the tablet to wake. Ill press something and there will be a delay etc... Is there a possibility that something I did is causing a service to use more resources?

Apps I froze with ROM Toolbox:

ANT HAL
ANT Radio ANT+ Plugins
Blurb Checkout
Businessweek
Chaton
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.know.eventsmanager
Flipboard
Help
KLMS Agent
Knox 1.0
Knox 1.0
Knox Notification Manager
Knox Store
My Magazine
My Magazine - here and now
NYTimes
Phone
Polaris office
S Translator
Samsung Link
Samsung Push service
Samsung WatchOn
Screensaver
Story Album
Syscope
TripAdvisor
World Clock
Yahoo Finance

Is there anything else I should remove that would help?
Also, I can't use Sumsung Hub Video's, the existing videos I have won't play.

The only other Mods I have done are Multi-window manager, Wanam Xposed, Pen Window mamanger and trying out GMD Gestures.

Watching the Task Manager, it seems like I am using way more memeory than I ever used to. Before I would harldy go over 2GB now I easily see 2.3-2.5GB.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks!

jgaf
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias747 View Post
This may be purely placebo... But I swear that after I rooted and got rid of a bunch of bloat last night that I am seeing more lag than ever. Seems sometimes it take longer for the tablet to wake. Ill press something and there will be a delay etc... Is there a possibility that something I did is causing a service to use more resources?

Apps I froze with ROM Toolbox:

ANT HAL
ANT Radio ANT+ Plugins
Blurb Checkout
Businessweek
Chaton
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.know.eventsmanager
Flipboard
Help
KLMS Agent
Knox 1.0
Knox 1.0
Knox Notification Manager
Knox Store
My Magazine
My Magazine - here and now
NYTimes
Phone
Polaris office
S Translator
Samsung Link
Samsung Push service
Samsung WatchOn
Screensaver
Story Album
Syscope
TripAdvisor
World Clock
Yahoo Finance

Is there anything else I should remove that would help?
Also, I can't use Sumsung Hub Video's, the existing videos I have won't play.

The only other Mods I have done are Multi-window manager, Wanam Xposed, Pen Window mamanger and trying out GMD Gestures.

Watching the Task Manager, it seems like I am using way more memeory than I ever used to. Before I would harldy go over 2GB now I easily see 2.3-2.5GB.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks!
You may want to get betterbatterystats to see what services are keeping the tab running. Also, use Greenify to control the apps you don't want to autostart or keep running after you have gone back to homescreen. I haven't rooted mine yet, but thats what I use on my other tablets and phones. You could also try clearing cache and dalvik cache, and maybe doing fix permissions. But I again not sure if it will work out.
Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition [Still unrooted/waiting for Knox 0x0)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Task & Ktoonsez AOKP Jellybean 4.3
NookColor 8GB: MiRaGe - KANG build of CyanogenMod

Retired:
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T 32GB: JellyBean Hydro 7.0 Liquid Butter (I killed the digitizer)

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the TF300T

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the Samsung Galaxy S3

DUBS73P
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get no lag whatsoever and im not rooted as I don't Like what Samsung has done with the knox security, the thing that has made the biggest difference for me is replacing the TW launcher with Nova Prime, I don't think the bloat ware makes such a big difference to this as it has such a large amount of ram, it's pretty hard to slow it down now

If I could now sort out the massive battery drain I'd be extremely happy with my purchase

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9300 w/Omega v51 and Devil2 Kernel

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Stock

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Every time I have a lag, it's either bad file or bad app. I use System Panel in these cases to identify the problem. Last week my tablet was slow and hot all the time. For some reason Beautiful Widgets was using 100% of CPU for hours. Another example is a bad file (pdf or epub), search index was running non - stop until I found the problem.

alias747
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Every time I have a lag, it's either bad file or bad app. I use System Panel in these cases to identify the problem. Last week my tablet was slow and hot all the time. For some reason Beautiful Widgets was using 100% of CPU for hours. Another example is a bad file (pdf or epub), search index was running non - stop until I found the problem.
OK cool I will check out System Panel. I did notice that I think GMD Gestures was causing some slowness. As much as I liked the program I uninstalled it. There was some weird bugs with it and a lot of times it would interfere with other things with the note, like disabling the palm rejection for writing and stuff.

If you are rooted, is there a good way to disable the indexing services?

chanhny
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm not sure, but i see smooth after root and remove bloat app. Did you set live wallpaper? Some live wall not optimizer make lag when use.

sameer1807
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I had beautiful widgets pro installed while rooted and the device headed up like crazy and lagged. Could be app related

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

alias747
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanhny View Post
I'm not sure, but i see smooth after root and remove bloat app. Did you set live wallpaper? Some live wall not optimizer make lag when use.
No live wallpaper, I hate them, resource HOG.

Maybe I am just being overly picky with how I think the tablet should run. I just think that at this point in the game of Android development and the crazy hardware specs that are being crammed into these devices now, that everything should run super smooth with no stutters or hitches. It's just disappointing to me that I have to hack and mod my device this much just to make it even just marginally better... Why can't this stuff be better optimized??!!!!

LMMT
Old
(Last edited by LMMT; 5th December 2013 at 08:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias747 View Post
If you are rooted, is there a good way to disable the indexing services?
You can disable it by going to /system/app, and renaming, or deleting "ContentSearch.apk". But, if you do, your tablet will no longer index files that you add or change. For example, if you add a video, movie, or music, to the internal or external storage, the tablet won't know anything has changed, and won't be able to find the added file.

I would advise against disabling the index service. A better option would be to find the file that's causing your issue. This may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2483944

Sent from my SM-N900P