5,601,062 Members 48,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing my phone's resolution and playing HD games

Tip us?

SirDarknight
Old
(Last edited by SirDarknight; 5th December 2013 at 06:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Changing my phone's resolution and playing HD games

Hi All,

I'm using an off-brand device which's resolution is [FWVGA (854x480) pixels]. I bought Need For Speed Shift from Play Store,installed and downloaded the data(approx. 100 MB).But when I opened the game, everything's white and grey,only the music and some of the texts are fine but everything else is like invisible.No cars,roads or terrains.

I contacted with EA and they suggested me to change the game's resolution in the option, but as I can't see anything, I can't do it.I replied them with it but it's been 3 days and no answer from them.

As I'm using Android 4.2.1(JB) I can't use ChainFire 3D. Can you guys suggest me anything?

If you don't mind then kindly change the resolution settings in your game and give me the settings file or is there any way to change the resolution option manually by editing the data files?

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Test to change the LCD density when u have root.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

And after this help to delete the game settings under root/data/data and sd/android/obb to download the gamefiles again. It's not enough 100mb for a game like this. Or better delete only sd/android/obb/need...and start the app again to download all needed files.

SirDarknight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19 View Post
Test to change the LCD density when u have root.

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

And after this help to delete the game settings under root/data/data and sd/android/obb to download the gamefiles again. It's not enough 100mb for a game like this. Or better delete only sd/android/obb/need...and start the app again to download all needed files.

Is there any to change the game's resolution(not my phone's)? Also, I told EA 'bout my problem and they didn't say anything 'bout the data size.I surfed some off-sites and they also said it's size is approx. 100 MB

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDarknight View Post
Is there any to change the game's resolution(not my phone's)? Also, I told EA 'bout my problem and they didn't say anything 'bout the data size.I surfed some off-sites and they also said it's size is approx. 100 MB
If you have the Xposed framework try the module App Settings. It lets you override a bunch of settings. Override the resolution. If that doesn't work, override the DPI.

masterprotocol0097
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Location: The motherland of Technology, Ethicks, Science, Literature...
Tutorial Is device rooted ??

If device is rooted ,

Goto -

Root -- Data -- Data -- com.xxxx.xxxx ( u will find a folder like this which will contain that game's files ..)

then open a xml file with name { com.xxxx.xxxx.xml }
edit resolution data entry to appropriate resol. save file ..

launch the game...

The trick will work !!!

-------+-+---------

Hit thanx if I helped u !!

SirDarknight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterprotocol0097 View Post
If device is rooted ,

Goto -

Root -- Data -- Data -- com.xxxx.xxxx ( u will find a folder like this which will contain that game's files ..)

then open a xml file with name { com.xxxx.xxxx.xml }
edit resolution data entry to appropriate resol. save file ..

launch the game...

The trick will work !!!

-------+-+---------

Hit thanx if I helped u !!
Sorry but there's no such files.I decompiled the apk and got a file named "AndroidManifest.xml" but there's something un-readable texts inside and nothing familiar.And inside the data files, there are some files named resource.dz,gamedata and gamesett. See the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	25
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2434077  

masterprotocol0097
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Location: The motherland of Technology, Ethicks, Science, Literature...
Cloud Search Don't unzip the apk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDarknight View Post
Sorry but there's no such files.I decompiled the apk and got a file named "AndroidManifest.xml" but there's something un-readable texts inside and nothing familiar.And inside the data files, there are some files named resource.dz,gamedata and gamesett. See the attachments.

Dont unzip the apk...Go to the data files..

If game is installed , then there must be data file...

If you cant find that file , search with that games package name...

Its impossible that there isnt any such file..

Search agn carefully...

SirDarknight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Dont unzip the apk...Go to the
data files..
If game is installed , then there
must be data file...
If you cant find that file , search
with that games package name...
Its impossible that there isnt any
such file..
Search agn carefully...
yes, there is a folder named ''data'' but inside that folder there're are some music files and resource.dz,gamedata and gameset.(There's a image attached in my previous post)