[Q] HTC Desire won't turn on.

Search This thread

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
U wont, its very easy, il post a good video later, im on my phone now. I can strip mine down in like 3 mins haha. If iv time il try take some pics and show u exactly what ur looking, my old desire is around somewhere in bits :)

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Have a look at this video, dont worry you only have to watch it up to 3 minutes. All you need to do is take off battery cover, take out battery, sdcard and sim, then take out the screws and disconnect the plastic and ul see the motherboard. Iv attached also a pic so you know what connections you need to check, make sure they all connected properly. When you take off the plastic you will see all the connections, just make sure they all connected (give em a push to be sure). Once you done that, just put the plastic back on and screws back in and battery, sdcard and sim and hopefully when you press power it will be good. If not then id say you need new LCD.

Just wondering, do you know if the previous owner changed the screen? coz he might of put the wrong one in. The desire either has an S-LCD or Amoled screen.

HTC Desire disassemble video

Attachments

• oie_LPooxWm5IgY2.jpg
    oie_LPooxWm5IgY2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: JeanFlea

JeanFlea

Dec 2, 2013
Johannesburg
Have a look at this video, dont worry you only have to watch it up to 3 minutes. All you need to do is take off battery cover, take out battery, sdcard and sim, then take out the screws and disconnect the plastic and ul see the motherboard. Iv attached also a pic so you know what connections you need to check, make sure they all connected properly. When you take off the plastic you will see all the connections, just make sure they all connected (give em a push to be sure). Once you done that, just put the plastic back on and screws back in and battery, sdcard and sim and hopefully when you press power it will be good. If not then id say you need new LCD.

Just wondering, do you know if the previous owner changed the screen? coz he might of put the wrong one in. The desire either has an S-LCD or Amoled screen.

HTC Desire disassemble video

Everything is attached fine. I had a closer look, there is a crack on the LCD screen, so it's probably damaged. It costs a lot to get that fixed. At least the software problem is fixed, so whoever else decides to use the phone they can just replace the LCD and be able to use the phone :)

So thank you for everything.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Ah balls. U could fix it urself, u can get cheap lcd off ebay, bout 20 euro i think.

U know once the plastic is off the phone, at the top left corner theres a wee screw, take that out then unclip the flex cables and the motherboard comes straight out then simply pop out the lcd. Up to u tho :)

JeanFlea

Dec 2, 2013
Johannesburg
Ah balls. U could fix it urself, u can get cheap lcd off ebay, bout 20 euro i think.

U know once the plastic is off the phone, at the top left corner theres a wee screw, take that out then unclip the flex cables and the motherboard comes straight out then simply pop out the lcd. Up to u tho :)

Yea, I think I will do this when I have the cash :)

Is this the right one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HTC...K_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item53fb0452d1

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Cant tell to be honest. It says its for desire bravo, which is right but whats the 6200 number all about? Funny thing is, i have a perfect lcd in my drawer haha, pitty u live the other side of the world :p

JeanFlea

Dec 2, 2013
Johannesburg
Cant tell to be honest. It says its for desire bravo, which is right but whats the 6200 number all about? Funny thing is, i have a perfect lcd in my drawer haha, pitty u live the other side of the world :p

haha, you could post it if you're not using it :p

it'd probably be quite pricey to do that. I'm also confused about all the numbers and stuff, don't wanna buy the wrong one, especially since I can barely afford it. Also, shipping takes like a month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try pull the battery out for 10 seconds n put back in then press n hold back button then press n hold power button (both same time) see what happens, hopefully it will boot into fastboot. ur vol down button could be dodgy thats why wont boot into bootloader. The led comes on when plugged in and vibrates so thats a good sign. Why it only shows black screen? i dunno. Maybe u just need to flash a ruu. try the back button combo first
    Ok, I went over everything again and made sure I didn't miss anything. This was the output of the command:

HT07CPL02294 fastboot

Aha, my prediction was correct. So the phone is actually booted into fastboot mode, but the screen is not on.
    Lets get some more info out of this phone. Run this command and post the outptut "fastboot getvar all"
    Yea let a charge for at least an hour. Then run the RUU. I cant guarantee that itll work, but if this doesnt work, I would think that there is some sort of disconnection with a screen cable. In that case, i would suggest dissembling the phone and making sure that all screen cables are connected properly. But hopefully the RUU will do the trick ;)

Thank you so much for your help and patience :) I will try this. It's busy downloading, the LED on the phone is green so hopefully I won't have to let it charge for too long. I'll let you know if it works.
    Yea let a charge for at least an hour. Then run the RUU. I cant guarantee that itll work, but if this doesnt work, I would think that there is some sort of disconnection with a screen cable. In that case, i would suggest dissembling the phone and making sure that all screen cables are connected properly. But hopefully the RUU will do the trick ;)

My guess is that who ever had the phone had it s-off and rooted then tried to run a ruu but the wrong one, thats why black screen. I seen this before (bout a year ago) Droidzone wrote a good guide explaining everything and how to fix it blind :cyclops:
    Make sure HTC sync isnt running in the background when you run the ruu (open task manager and kill any htc stuff before starting the ruu).
    Check once more to see if "fastboot devices" recognizes the phone. If it does try the ruu. The ruu will tell you if it cant detect the phone. If that is the case, i have other solutions ;)

You could do it the PB99IMG method aswell if ur other idea's dont work ;) Put PB99IMG on root of sdcard, boot into bootloader, wait 5 mins (for zip to load) then press volume up (hard to make sure) then wait 10 mins then press volume up and with any luck phone should reboot.