5,598,908 Members 30,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyway to root without connecting via USB?

Tip us?

DeadlyPerformer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Anyway to root without connecting via USB?

Hi, newbie here. My GT-P7500 won't connect to PC, red X appear on the battery icon. I tried connecting with a new original USB cable at local store, still the same. Maybe someone knows an advance way to root this device without connecting via USB? I know this is an old device, I should just thinking about getting a newer device, but it's just not my style to dump things knowing it is still usable. So thank you for anything you might suggest to me.

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Uhm... The red X should be on the battery icon - USB charging is disabled by default due to the really slow charging time.
So, unless there are other problems, you don't seem to have a USB connection problem at all. :P

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

DeadlyPerformer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryuu View Post
Uhm... The red X should be on the battery icon - USB charging is disabled by default due to the really slow charging time.
So, unless there are other problems, you don't seem to have a USB connection problem at all. :P

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
You're being so sophisticated, I couldn't get what you trying to tell me. Could you be a little more simple? What are you trying to tell me? Why the red X should be on the battery icon? Doesn't it indicate that something is wrong?

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPerformer View Post
You're being so sophisticated, I couldn't get what you trying to tell me. Could you be a little more simple? What are you trying to tell me? Why the red X should be on the battery icon? Doesn't it indicate that something is wrong?
It should be there on stock ics because USB charging isn't enabled by default on the stock kernel (I think ). About your problem, do you have the correct drivers installed?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

DeadlyPerformer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
It should be there on stock ics because USB charging isn't enabled by default on the stock kernel (I think ). About your problem, do you have the correct drivers installed?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
Trust me, I wouldn't have created this thread if I hadn't tried all the basics. The only thing I can hope now is a magic to root this device without connecting via USB.

SystemDoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPerformer View Post
Trust me, I wouldn't have created this thread if I hadn't tried all the basics. The only thing I can hope now is a magic to root this device without connecting via USB.
Try connecting it again using different cables. Go ahead and check out if your computer reads it. You can try it on a different computer or just check if MTP Application is enabled and if USB Debugging is enabled under Settings.
Please click on that egg, Just wait for the page to load then you can quit