5,600,984 Members 44,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If I didn't have unlimited data I would go to T-Mobile!

Tip us?

Shaftamle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2077

DONATE TO ME
Default If I didn't have unlimited data I would go to T-Mobile!

Verizon is really working my nerves these days. First and foremost, this boot loader BS is obnoxious! I have MDK, great. Our Dev thread is by far the smallest and thinist of all thanks to Big Red wreaking havoc on developers lives. This is absolutely NOT a knock at any of our fine ROM cookers and themers. They do a hell of a job. Its just so annoying that the most talented minds on XDA are wasting all of their time trying to unlock a bootloader instead of developing the amazing products that made them who they are. The same stuff we love and use on an everyday basis.
Lack of Nexus. Really? Android=Google, Google = Android! WTF? Why are we the only carrier with no Nexus 4 or 5?
Gs4, biggest release of the year comes to the biggest carrier in the country......LAST! WHY? HOW?
Usually gets Android update LAST!
Can't take phone to another carrier, at least not to my knowledge.
Costs the most by a lot! Especially on tiered data plans.

The ONLY positive difference between Big Red and the others is coverage/data speed. For the average user, data speed difference is negligable. The coverage part, UNLESS you made the mistake of going with spirnt, which for some reason decides to drop random phone calls on Interstate 95(SMH), then the answer is simple. Unless you live in the middle of NOWHERE, they are ALL good enough!

I am in no way an expert on this nor have I conducted any serious research in the matter. This is just my observations, rant, complaints, whatever.

If Verizon has pissed you off at any point in time, in any way, feel free to add on to the thread. I always find it interesting to hear what other people have to say.Haha!! :beer:

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13094
Off Topic Thread for this type of discussion is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406733
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe