5,595,918 Members 30,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] phone wont charge unless turned off.

Tip us?

cid1001
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] phone wont charge unless turned off.

Evening,

Today my phone has developed a very annoying problem. It doesn't want to charge up from the mains or be detected by a computer, so the battery is running down. The only way to charge my phone is if I turn it off. I haven't dropped the phone and am UN aware of any damage I have caused. The phone did once warn me that it was in usb host mode and can't charge but this warning is now gone and the problem remains.

Currently s-off running the latest viper Rom. Tried reflashing and starting fresh but not made a difference. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Who ever sorts it I will even buy you a beer via PayPal

AlexVendettA
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try to go on stock firmware and look if you have same insuess, next step if the problem persists is going full restock(s-on locked) and call htc for pick up ur phone
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexVendettA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cid1001
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVendettA View Post
Try to go on stock firmware and look if you have same insuess, next step if the problem persists is going full restock(s-on locked) and call htc for pick up ur phone
Thanks. Will try flashing a stock firmware and rom and going back to basics. Will report back if I have any luck

cashnervoso
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reset the charge mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cid1001 View Post
Thanks. Will try flashing a stock firmware and rom and going back to basics. Will report back if I have any luck
Look at this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery

cid1001
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys. Think I have narrowed it down to a dirty charging port. Going to clean it out tonight and see.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app