XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia S (SGPT121ES/S) cant enter recovery mode to reset

Tip us?

neosho1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] Xperia S (SGPT121ES/S) cant enter recovery mode to reset

Hi guys! i been reading entire posts for 2 days and cant find any way to boot in recovery mode (volume up + power, volume up plus down and power, etc) i just push power button until sony logo, any idea why is not working?? btw any up to date rom to flash it for last option? (SGPT121ES/S)

Thx and greetings!

gumbyballz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosho1 View Post
Hi guys! i been reading entire posts for 2 days and cant find any way to boot in recovery mode (volume up + power, volume up plus down and power, etc) i just push power button until sony logo, any idea why is not working?? btw any up to date rom to flash it for last option? (SGPT121ES/S)

Thx and greetings!
not sure if i will be of any help or you already figured it out. but what once worked for me is to press power as soon as you see sony logo right away let go and hold volume up only. but quick like. than continue to hold volume up. if not try volume down same direction. i think the button changes if your rooted.

Cat McGowan
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosho1 View Post
Hi guys! i been reading entire posts for 2 days and cant find any way to boot in recovery mode (volume up + power, volume up plus down and power, etc) i just push power button until sony logo, any idea why is not working?? btw any up to date rom to flash it for last option? (SGPT121ES/S) Thx and greetings!
1. Press and hold VOL+ button.
2. Momentarily press POWER button.
3. Wait for recovery menu to appear, then release. VOL+ button.
Xperia Tablet Z (SGP312U1/B) with Android 4.2.2 build 10.3.1.C.0.136 Rooted
Sony Tablet S (SGPT112US/S) with Android 4.0.3r5a build TISU0013410 Rooted