XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Roms in Every Section

Tip us?

shorte_33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Roms in Every Section

Can someone please enlighten me as to why we have roms in just about every section on the g pro?

There is roms under Optimus G Pro General, Optimus G Pro Android Development, & Optimus G Pro Original Android Development. Kind of irritating having to hop from one subforum to another because all of the ROMS can't be kept in one Development area. I guess i don't understand as to why that is. Maybe there is a reason behind it?

Also is there any chance we can have a subforum for each model, which would take people spamming ROM threads wanting to know if it was for their model or not. Because that's also sad to see every rom thread someone spamming it wanting to know if it is for their model or not. Where as most don't read the title or description....Guess you can't fix stupid as they say, but it would keep a lot of the window lickers down from spamming threads.

mrfeuss
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorte_33 View Post
Can someone please enlighten me as to why we have roms in just about every section on the g pro?

There is roms under Optimus G Pro General, Optimus G Pro Android Development, & Optimus G Pro Original Android Development. Kind of irritating having to hop from one subforum to another because all of the ROMS can't be kept in one Development area. I guess i don't understand as to why that is. Maybe there is a reason behind it?

Also is there any chance we can have a subforum for each model, which would take people spamming ROM threads wanting to know if it was for their model or not. Because that's also sad to see every rom thread someone spamming it wanting to know if it is for their model or not. Where as most don't read the title or description....Guess you can't fix stupid as they say, but it would keep a lot of the window lickers down from spamming threads.
ROMs should really only be in two places-Original Android Development and Android Development. Original Android Development should include original work and official and unofficial ports. Android Development should include things like modified stock ROMs, ROMs that are not the OP's work and unofficial ports of ROMs for which there is an official version. As far as separate device subforums go, I'm not sure how likely that is to ever happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrfeuss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shorte_33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeuss View Post
ROMs should really only be in two places-Original Android Development and Android Development. Original Android Development should include original work and official and unofficial ports. Android Development should include things like modified stock ROMs, ROMs that are not the OP's work and unofficial ports of ROMs for which there is an official version. As far as separate device subforums go, I'm not sure how likely that is to ever happen.

Well thank you for that clarification. But that is not how others must have understood it. Because that is not how it is in the LG Optimus G Pro forum section. And yeah i didn't think it would be likely, but it is a GREAT idea to prevent so much spam, and people from getting warnings an such. Thank you for clearing that up. Just wish that's how it was though.

cynosure4sure
Old
Thanks Meter 62
maybe we can request a moderator to move those threads to corresponding section

there aren't that many
Tags
model, roms, spamming