XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel Boot parameters for Android x86

Tip us?

nabil2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Kernel Boot parameters for Android x86

This is just to help me, and maybe others, as a base to swap ideas on the best boot parameters to use to boot Android x86 using negrub (easybcd) or grub on a x86 computer or tablet:

just these few so far that worked on my Dell PC and Acer W500:

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=x86 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode pci=nocrs video=-16 vga=normal SRC=/android

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=android_x86 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode pci=nocrs SRC=/android

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=vesa pci=nocrs SRC=/android

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=amd_brazos acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode pci=nocrs SRC=/android

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16 SRC=/android

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=vesa SRC=/android

of course, amd_brazos is for tablet PCs with the amd chip...

XDA:DevDB Information
Best Kernel Boot parameters for Android x86, a Kernel for the Android General

Contributors
nabil2000
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-12-05
Last Updated 2013-12-04

nabil2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default few kernel boot params

I found out that it depends on the rom in question - for some, few params work best, like remove most and let the system guess itself the video...

kernel /android/kernel root=/dev/sdc2 quiet androidboot.hardware=android_x86 SRC=/android

in others,
video=vesa is needed...