XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data connection error

Tip us?

skippyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Data connection error

So lately what has been happening when I disconnect my phone from wifi it will not automatically connect to Sprints data network. It says its still connected to 1xRTT (according to SignalCheck Pro) however it then has a pop up saying my phone cannot connect to the mobile data network and says MIP 180 or something along those lines, and I can't connect to Sprints data until i reboot. The 3G symbol will not show up until i reboot and can't connect to data. Im running stock touchwiz not rooted, latest update. This happens pretty much everywhere I go. Any help?

I've come from ATT and have never had an issie of this sort before using GSM phones. Although it could just be because this phones still new?

skippyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
ok so i got a screen shot of it.

Forget that im roaming and using usb 3.0, that was after the fact it kept telling me this message. I generally have great service where I am, could be cell tower upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-04-20-31-26[1].png
Views:	46
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2433952  

patrick_1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
That error code means you need to update your data profile. After you reboot, go into settings and try updating your profile...if it continues contact Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

w7excursion
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Had same problem recently and it was due to several tower problems in my area.
Nandroid - drank