5,605,766 Members 48,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Broken Screen. Need to Wipe Data before Disposing

Tip us?
 
Anhs1rk
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Broken Screen. Need to Wipe Data before Disposing

Need help. Tried reading the other posts but did not find a situation that resembles mine. Besides am still a newbie when it comes to Android developer forums.
My phone screen cracked completely and I see nothing on the screen. Is there a way I can wipe the data or do a factory reset before trying to get rid of the phone?
I had a screen lock on the phone. My laptop does not seem to find the phone either when connected via the USB cable.
Is there a hardware reset button underneath the hood ? Or are there any other options.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
 
theesotericone
Old
#2  
theesotericone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 475
Join Date: Sep 2013
How are you trying to get rid of the phone? Android device manager should be able to wipe it for you. If your just gonna throw it out though take a hammer to it and finish the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to theesotericone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xcrazydx
Old
#3  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2192
Posts: 6,299
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Shoot it with guns and burn it with fire

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
theesotericone
Old
#4  
theesotericone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 475
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
Shoot it with guns and burn it with fire

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
After hitting it with the hammer. lol
 
TheCybertronian
Old
#5  
TheCybertronian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 287
Posts: 545
Join Date: Oct 2013
Microwave it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to TheCybertronian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Anhs1rk
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
How are you trying to get rid of the phone? Android device manager should be able to wipe it for you. If your just gonna throw it out though take a hammer to it and finish the job.
The Android Device Manager did not connect to the phone. And the phone is not detected as a drive by my laptop.
I was hoping to salvage something out of the phone by selling it online for parts and use the money for my next phone. Am currently on those cheap flip phones and want to get back to the android experience .
 
slahti
Old
#7  
slahti's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhs1rk View Post
Need help. Tried reading the other posts but did not find a situation that resembles mine. Besides am still a newbie when it comes to Android developer forums.
My phone screen cracked completely and I see nothing on the screen. Is there a way I can wipe the data or do a factory reset before trying to get rid of the phone?
I had a screen lock on the phone. My laptop does not seem to find the phone either when connected via the USB cable.
Is there a hardware reset button underneath the hood ? Or are there any other options.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Put a new screen on it, perhaps?

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more