XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OmniROM issues on n7100

Tip us?

gregko1980
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] OmniROM issues on n7100

Installed 12/04/2013 nightly build of KitKat OmniROM on my Galaxy Note II (n7100), and see the same issues I had with CM 10.1 and 10.2: the signal strength bars don't work, and the Status page shows:

Signal Strength at 2147483647 dBm, 255 asu

The other issue is apparently a weaker Bluetooth signal. A stereo headset that works fine with Samsung stock ROM, looses signal and interrupts playback even when I move the phone only as far as my pocket or at arm length...

Does anyone else see the same problems on n7100? Any idea where/how to fix them? I could look at the source code myself, given some hint where to look... Also, is there a place to submit bug reports for OmniROM?

Greg

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2846
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregko1980 View Post
Installed 12/04/2013 nightly build of KitKat OmniROM on my Galaxy Note II (n7100), and see the same issues I had with CM 10.1 and 10.2: the signal strength bars don't work, and the Status page shows:

Signal Strength at 2147483647 dBm, 255 asu

The other issue is apparently a weaker Bluetooth signal. A stereo headset that works fine with Samsung stock ROM, looses signal and interrupts playback even when I move the phone only as far as my pocket or at arm length...

Does anyone else see the same problems on n7100? Any idea where/how to fix them? I could look at the source code myself, given some hint where to look... Also, is there a place to submit bug reports for OmniROM?

Greg
You should have asked this question in n7100 omnirom thread or at least in q&a section if you don't have permissions to post in dev section.
Yes status page shows those values but signal bars represent the correct value.
You can use jira.omnirom.org to report bugs.
And yes there are some issues with BT headset and calling but I have never heard of low BT signal issue. Please insure the quality of your BT product and verify with some other device or stock ROM.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

gregko1980
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
You should have asked this question in n7100 omnirom thread or at least in q&a section if you don't have permissions to post in dev section.
Yes status page shows those values but signal bars represent the correct value.
You can use jira.omnirom.org to report bugs.
And yes there are some issues with BT headset and calling but I have never heard of low BT signal issue. Please insure the quality of your BT product and verify with some other device or stock ROM.
Thank you for your help, I reported the signal strength issue on jira now (http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-88). As for the Bluetooth strength issue, as I wrote above, the same headset works well with the stock Samsung ROM on the same device, but both CM and Omni ROMs cause me this problem. Oh well, I have another headset that works well with both ROMs, so maybe it really is a headset issue.

Greg

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2846
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregko1980 View Post
Thank you for your help, I reported the signal strength issue on jira now (http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-88). As for the Bluetooth strength issue, as I wrote above, the same headset works well with the stock Samsung ROM on the same device, but both CM and Omni ROMs cause me this problem. Oh well, I have another headset that works well with both ROMs, so maybe it really is a headset issue.

Greg
Could you specify the model name and make of both the headset ? Also mention which one is working and which ain't.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

gregko1980
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
Could you specify the model name and make of both the headset ? Also mention which one is working and which ain't.
Both are stereo Bluetooth headsets. The one that has trouble with Omni and CM ROMs is Motorola S305. The one that still works well is Rocketfish RF-MAB2.

Greg