XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s3 update

Tip us?

eliniko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] s3 update

Hi guys, happy holidays. My S3 went into some kind of weird update last night and now my fonts are all weird and this really annoying cartoonish face on my text messages ...can anyone help me get my phone back to where it was, this is driving

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1309
It's hard to help with out any info from you. Are you rooted? What is your baseband? Version number? Sounds like your phone updated to 4.3.

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliniko View Post
Hi guys, happy holidays. My S3 went into some kind of weird update last night and now my fonts are all weird and this really annoying cartoonish face on my text messages ...can anyone help me get my phone back to where it was, this is driving
stop take a deep breath. can you go to setting/about phone/ then under build number let us know what it say? we can and will be able to help you alot more from knowing that info. also what android version it says. either 4.3 or 4.1.2. thanks
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

eliniko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
stop take a deep breath. can you go to setting/about phone/ then under build number let us know what it say? we can and will be able to help you alot more from knowing that info. also what android version it says. either 4.3 or 4.1.2. thanks
thanks, it says 4.3....

kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 5th December 2013 at 04:52 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliniko View Post
thanks, it says 4.3....
Well I hate to say this. But sounds like your phone auto updated to 4.3 if you didn't do it. You now have the knox bootloader as well. We're you stock? Rooted at all?
If your stock and don't care about root that's fine. Go to settings /my device/scroll down to fonts select what you would like
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache