XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! I bricked my phone!

Tip us?

dingyibvs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! I bricked my phone!

So I was installing the faux kernel, everything seemed to go well and I choose reboot, and the phone shuts off and it won't turn on! I think my mistake was that I left my phone connected to the computer via USB throughout the process, then I noticed it and unplugged it while rebooting. I was using CWM recovery.

Basically, the phone right now won't turn on, period. I've tried taking the battery and sim out and putting them back in. The phone is now entirely unresponsive. So what the heck happened? And what now? I suppose I need to take it to say Best Buy (where I got the phone) and have them take a look now?

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingyibvs View Post
So I was installing the faux kernel, everything seemed to go well and I choose reboot, and the phone shuts off and it won't turn on! I think my mistake was that I left my phone connected to the computer via USB throughout the process, then I noticed it and unplugged it while rebooting. I was using CWM recovery.

Basically, the phone right now won't turn on, period. I've tried taking the battery and sim out and putting them back in. The phone is now entirely unresponsive. So what the heck happened? And what now? I suppose I need to take it to say Best Buy (where I got the phone) and have them take a look now?
If you can't boot into Dowload Mode and get no video output whatsoever, then you have a "hard brick" and can only fix it via JTAG service. This costs about $25 to repair. Go to ebay and search for JTAG.

And next time, post in the correct forum and read more before flashing.
AT&T Galaxy S4
Rooted Google Play Edition 4.4 ROM
Ktoonsez AOSP 4.4 kernel
  • Xposed Mods
  • Tasker
  • Utter

**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth working in AOSP ROM's!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

dingyibvs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
If you can't boot into Dowload Mode and get no video output whatsoever, then you have a "hard brick" and can only fix it via JTAG service. This costs about $25 to repair. Go to ebay and search for JTAG.

And next time, post in the correct forum and read more before flashing.
Thanks! I did realize quickly after I posted that I should've put it in the troubleshooting board, maybe it can be moved? Anyhow, looks like it'll need JTAG service, hope this'll be a lesson for me on many levels lol.

RK
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingyibvs View Post

Can you post the exact link of the kernel you flashed? None of the things you described can Or should cause a hard brick.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk