5,599,977 Members 45,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone got working calendar on 4.4 ?

Tip us?

bitbender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Anyone got working calendar on 4.4 ?

I have the 11/22 driver (update 5) on the Infuse and I cannot get past the authentication screen for calendar.

After I plug in my uid/pw it says "Couldn't sign in". This must be a default message for something because when I test with an invalid credential it simply says bad uid/pw.

Does anyone have a working calendar on 4.4 ?

import810
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had a similar problem. I downloaded the google calendar from the play store though and it seems to be working fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to import810 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bitbender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up fixed by replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by import810 View Post
I had a similar problem. I downloaded the google calendar from the play store though and it seems to be working fine.
Thanks !
It seems that the calendar application included in gapps (green grid icon) does not work . I disabled it and downloaded the calendar application from Google play (blue page folding icon) which worked without setup.

Google must have switched the application and we are still flashing with a wrong gapps.

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 342
that green icon calendar is the stock android aosp calendar app. its not part of gapps, though you used to be able sync your google account with it. i dont know if you still can because they killed off google sync a while back. its still needed for other things like exchange accounts. google released a dedicated google calendar app like a year or so ago so you should use that anyways.

bitbender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
that green icon calendar is the stock android aosp calendar app. its not part of gapps, though you used to be able sync your google account with it. i dont know if you still can because they killed off google sync a while back. its still needed for other things like exchange accounts. google released a dedicated google calendar app like a year or so ago so you should use that anyways.
Thank you for the explanation !
I had been using the green icon calendar all this while .... did not know enough to go the blue icon calendar app.

Casper36
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
If the AOSP calendar is uninstalled and the blue Google calendar installed will calendar on lock screen function properly? I'm not on 4.4 yet but just curious. Thanks!