5,605,685 Members 48,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Quiet ring on pickup" is it not working on 4.4 with anyone else?

Tip us?

M_Shaaban
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default "Quiet ring on pickup" is it not working on 4.4 with anyone else?

I have converted to Developer Edition 4.3 with Sense 5.0, "Quiet ring on pickup" was working just fine. Now I have manually flashed the OTA update for Android 4.4 and Sense 5.5. Everything is working as it should be except "Quiet ring on pickup" it doesn't seem to work. I have tried enabling/disabling, and changing the ringtone and still not working. I don't know if it's relevant or not but proximity sensor is working and I did try G-sensor calibration. Anyone else having the same problem after update? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance!

M_Shaaban
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
@alray

We have flashed the same RUU and the same update.zip. Could you please confirm if the "Quiet ring on pickup" feature is working with you or not?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Shaaban View Post
@alray

We have flashed the same RUU and the same update.zip. Could you please confirm if the "Quiet ring on pickup" feature is working with you or not?
Try disabling ''pocket mode'' and see if it works. It seams pocket mode is in conflict with ''quiet on pickup'' mode when in dark rooms and phone will always ring lounder because light sensor doesn't detect enough light
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M_Shaaban
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Try disabling ''pocket mode'' and see if it works. It seams pocket mode is in conflict with ''quiet on pickup'' mode when in dark rooms and phone will always ring lounder because light sensor doesn't detect enough light
I don't know what to say; as brilliant and as helpful as usual. Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to M_Shaaban For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]