Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] modifiying apk

Hi. I tried to mod an apk.
Apk name: Assassin's Creed - Altair's Chronicles
Apk type: game
Apk manufacturer: Gameloft
tool used: Apktool
reason: i wanted to modify the screen size, because i have a 720p resolution screen and the apk is like 2 times smaller, so not fullscreen.

what i did was: downloaded Apktool, pulled framework-res.apk, and the GenericUxp.apk, did "if command" to install them both,
then decompiled the apk, edited with notepad++ the manifest.xml file, and replaced "resizable screen = false" with "resizable
screen = true". then i buid the apk back, then i copy the META-INF from the original apk to my new apk, using WinRar.
then i take my new apk and try to install it on the phone, and it starts the install for 1 second, then immediately stops an says "Application not installed".
can anyone help please? what should i do?

lykosha
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaione View Post
Hi. I tried to mod an apk.
Apk name: Assassin's Creed - Altair's Chronicles
Apk type: game
Apk manufacturer: Gameloft
tool used: Apktool
reason: i wanted to modify the screen size, because i have a 720p resolution screen and the apk is like 2 times smaller, so not fullscreen.

what i did was: downloaded Apktool, pulled framework-res.apk, and the GenericUxp.apk, did "if command" to install them both,
then decompiled the apk, edited with notepad++ the manifest.xml file, and replaced "resizable screen = false" with "resizable
screen = true". then i buid the apk back, then i copy the META-INF from the original apk to my new apk, using WinRar.
then i take my new apk and try to install it on the phone, and it starts the install for 1 second, then immediately stops an says "Application not installed".
can anyone help please? what should i do?
APK is necessary to be fully rewritten for necessary permission of screen

semaione
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykosha View Post
APK is necessary to be fully rewritten for necessary permission of screen
but the manifest.xml says "small screen=false, normal screen=true. big screen=true" but screen resizable = false.
my screen is 720p. so what do i have to do more than that? modify the whole resources, values, smali ? (i dont think this...)

also, just cause i modified screen resizable to "= true", the apk just refuses to install? something is wrong... what am i missing?