5,597,449 Members 30,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cm10.1 change internal sd to ext sd?

Tip us?
 
johni41
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
Question [Q] Cm10.1 change internal sd to ext sd?

hello! i just installed the CM10.1 on my samsung galaxy ace2.
i would like to know if i can change-swap the internal sd (1,2gb) with external micro sd (16gb) to have plenty space for apps!
 
Desolutional
Old
#2  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2013
Lightbulb Swap Storage

Try placing this at the end of your /system/build.prop

persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
ro.vold.switchablepair=/storage/sdcard0,/storage/sdcard1

 
johni41
Old
(Last edited by johni41; 4th December 2013 at 09:03 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post
Try placing this at the end of your /system/build.prop

persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
ro.vold.switchablepair=/storage/sdcard0,/storage/sdcard1

you mean to copy-paste the red sentenses to the file above? do you know if it works? i have all ready once reinstalled 10.1 trying something else
 
Desolutional
Old
#4  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by johni41 View Post
you mean to copy-paste the red sentenses to the file above? do you know if it works? i gave all ready once reinstalled 10.1 trying something else
Yeah, but DON'T make a mistake (plays around with mount points, where external storage is visible to 'droid), it's not as dangerous as a flash mistake, but you can still get stuck in a boot loop, make a CWM backup first just in case, then paste that at the bottom, should swap storage,
 
johni41
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
ok i will try it amd i'll inform you!
 
johni41
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2013
everything is ok! thank you!!
 
teddytsen
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 881
Posts: 2,890
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post


Yeah, but DON'T make a mistake (plays around with mount points, where external storage is visible to 'droid), it's not as dangerous as a flash mistake, but you can still get stuck in a boot loop, make a CWM backup first just in case, then paste that at the bottom, should swap storage,
i made a mistakw with the , once. did no harm, but safer to do a backup
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: CM11
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
 
Desolutional
Old
#8  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2013
I'm glad everything worked out well! If you want to save even more space, you can use 'droids built in app manager to move apps to the SD, which actually places them in your real SD card,

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more