XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wrong mode,

Tip us?

olivera120
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] wrong mode,

i need help today i bricked my gs3 i747 by accident i flash the wrong modem i took the ota 4.3 update and i was going to flash a new kernel but like i said by the accident i flash the modem for 4.2.1 that was save it in my sd card and now my phone is dead dead

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivera120 View Post
i need help today i bricked my gs3 i747 by accident i flash the wrong modem i took the ota 4.3 update and i was going to flash a new kernel but like i said by the accident i flash the modem for 4.2.1 that was save it in my sd card and now my phone is dead dead
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068
it works for some but not all. Make sure you download the right files and read read read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to theramsey3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivera120 View Post
You flashed a MODEM and bricked your phone? Did you flash it in recovery? That should be impossible to brick from a modem flashed in recovery. If you flashed a wrong KERNEL made for an older firmware that could cause a softbrick. Give us more info on what exactly you think you flashed.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olivera120
Old
(Last edited by olivera120; 5th December 2013 at 06:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i was on 4.3 os i root my gs3 and then i was about to flash a kernel but by the accident i added the 4.1.2 MODEM that was save it in my sd card i flashed and then
i press to reboot but my phone it never turn on

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 125
So if your phone won't turn on, access download or recovery modes you have 3 options. 1) send the phone for warranty repairs if it is still under warranty. 2) Try the information in the link I gave you a couple posts up or 3) You need to get the phone Jtag'ed. There is a place 75 miles from my house that will Jtag a phone in 1 business day for $50 if you bring it to them or 2-4 if you mail it to them.

Good luck and let us know what you do to fix it or if you get it fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to theramsey3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olivera120
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well i mma have to take the number 3 cuz i put a new battery and nothing thanks guys