5,594,438 Members 33,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is there a way to store transferred video files in Google play movie app?

Tip us?

C5Longhorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] is there a way to store transferred video files in Google play movie app?

Is there a way to store shows, movies, and videos I load in the Google Play movies & TV App? I would like my videos to display for selection just like downloaded store content. I know I can go to settings and personal videos, but they are being stored in my gallery by default.

Thanks,

Rick

Omar04
Old
Thanks Meter 1268
A few years ago was possible but nowadays not. Use Drive, Dropbox, Box etc.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk PRO
ELITE TESTER
Team SXTP

C5Longhorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the reply. So, is it better than to just download a separate video app. I don't download much content from Play, and may make the default app disabled and just add a third party app.

I'm coming from iOS and just not as familiar with how all content gets integrated in.

Rick

C5Longhorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone else have any feedback? Where do you store your video content you will consume later? I'm coming from iOS where all media was stored in the player regardless if it came from ITunes store or was manually loaded onto the device.

garryknight
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I store mine on the N7 in either the Videos or Movies folder where MX Player can find them, though it would find them wherever I put them.

I also keep some on my pc for viewing at home by streaming them to the N7 with ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4