5,595,645 Members 45,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire won't turn on.

Tip us?

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1215
U wont, its very easy, il post a good video later, im on my phone now. I can strip mine down in like 3 mins haha. If iv time il try take some pics and show u exactly what ur looking, my old desire is around somewhere in bits

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1215
Have a look at this video, dont worry you only have to watch it up to 3 minutes. All you need to do is take off battery cover, take out battery, sdcard and sim, then take out the screws and disconnect the plastic and ul see the motherboard. Iv attached also a pic so you know what connections you need to check, make sure they all connected properly. When you take off the plastic you will see all the connections, just make sure they all connected (give em a push to be sure). Once you done that, just put the plastic back on and screws back in and battery, sdcard and sim and hopefully when you press power it will be good. If not then id say you need new LCD.

Just wondering, do you know if the previous owner changed the screen? coz he might of put the wrong one in. The desire either has an S-LCD or Amoled screen.

HTC Desire disassemble video
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oie_LPooxWm5IgY2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2433478  
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeanFlea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
Have a look at this video, dont worry you only have to watch it up to 3 minutes. All you need to do is take off battery cover, take out battery, sdcard and sim, then take out the screws and disconnect the plastic and ul see the motherboard. Iv attached also a pic so you know what connections you need to check, make sure they all connected properly. When you take off the plastic you will see all the connections, just make sure they all connected (give em a push to be sure). Once you done that, just put the plastic back on and screws back in and battery, sdcard and sim and hopefully when you press power it will be good. If not then id say you need new LCD.

Just wondering, do you know if the previous owner changed the screen? coz he might of put the wrong one in. The desire either has an S-LCD or Amoled screen.

HTC Desire disassemble video
Everything is attached fine. I had a closer look, there is a crack on the LCD screen, so it's probably damaged. It costs a lot to get that fixed. At least the software problem is fixed, so whoever else decides to use the phone they can just replace the LCD and be able to use the phone

So thank you for everything.

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1215
Ah balls. U could fix it urself, u can get cheap lcd off ebay, bout 20 euro i think.

U know once the plastic is off the phone, at the top left corner theres a wee screw, take that out then unclip the flex cables and the motherboard comes straight out then simply pop out the lcd. Up to u tho

JeanFlea
Old
(Last edited by JeanFlea; 5th December 2013 at 11:13 AM.) Reason: added
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Ah balls. U could fix it urself, u can get cheap lcd off ebay, bout 20 euro i think.

U know once the plastic is off the phone, at the top left corner theres a wee screw, take that out then unclip the flex cables and the motherboard comes straight out then simply pop out the lcd. Up to u tho
Yea, I think I will do this when I have the cash

Is this the right one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HTC-...item53fb0452d1

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1215
Cant tell to be honest. It says its for desire bravo, which is right but whats the 6200 number all about? Funny thing is, i have a perfect lcd in my drawer haha, pitty u live the other side of the world

JeanFlea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Cant tell to be honest. It says its for desire bravo, which is right but whats the 6200 number all about? Funny thing is, i have a perfect lcd in my drawer haha, pitty u live the other side of the world

haha, you could post it if you're not using it :P

it'd probably be quite pricey to do that. I'm also confused about all the numbers and stuff, don't wanna buy the wrong one, especially since I can barely afford it. Also, shipping takes like a month.