5,597,762 Members 36,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Problem (hard to describe in a title)

Tip us?

draggehn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Nexus 7 Problem (hard to describe in a title)

So, just a little bit of background, I got my Nexus 7 on Christmas 2012. Recently, my Nexus 7 has been "shutting off" (I put it in quotes because it isn't really shutting off: the screen is just refusing to turn on) in the middle of the night. I've also noticed the whole screen freezing when controlling volume in certain conditions. Since I use my tablet for my alarm, having it off is doing me no good. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I thought it was a loose battery connector in the internals, but there was nothing loose.

I am running Google's official stock KRT16S with Oxydo kernel v14.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

balus3u
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I suggest you go back to stock Rom with stock kernel and make sure the problem still exist.to solve a problem, first thing you have to do is find the cause of the problem, especially in here you have to find if it's software issue or hardware.So go back to complete stock conditions and check if the problem persist and if yes I would conclude it could be a hardware issue. It's hard to give more help without knowing more specific details like when did it started and if it's in that condition all the time ? Some pictures or screenshots will get you more help

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
go back to the stock kernel or try not to undervolt your kernel, you are having screen of death issue, device is not getting enough power.
also try a different kernel, not all kernels behave good on all devices.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."