XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wicked Sensations ROM & System Update

Tip us?

porkyhontas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Default [Q] Wicked Sensations ROM & System Update

I have had my Sprint Galaxy S III on Wicked Sensations for approximately two weeks and must say that I love the ROM, minus the issues with the Kuban Updater -- frustrating because I want to tweak and customized my phone further, which is part of the reason I switched to this ROM. Anyhow, as of today I have been getting, I assume, system update notifications on my phone where it wants me to update to Android 4.3. Question: I am assuming this is not a Wicked update? Next, since it is apparent that it is some kind of stock system update (non-custom ROM update), I should not "update" my phone? Lastly, I thought that system updates and such were not possible on a custom ROM, which leads me to believe that this is some sort of bug with the ROM? Because prior to Wicked Sensations, I primarily used CyanogenMod as my daily driver and on rare occasion a few other ROMs. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Oh, two more things: If this is a stock system update, how can I block it? Second, if I update this what will happen (e.g., will I soft brick my phone or worse)?

Thanks in advance.

Lgrootnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkyhontas View Post
I have had my Sprint Galaxy S III on Wicked Sensations for approximately two weeks and must say that I love the ROM, minus the issues with the Kuban Updater -- frustrating because I want to tweak and customized my phone further, which is part of the reason I switched to this ROM. Anyhow, as of today I have been getting, I assume, system update notifications on my phone where it wants me to update to Android 4.3. Question: I am assuming this is not a Wicked update? Next, since it is apparent that it is some kind of stock system update (non-custom ROM update), I should not "update" my phone? Lastly, I thought that system updates and such were not possible on a custom ROM, which leads me to believe that this is some sort of bug with the ROM? Because prior to Wicked Sensations, I primarily used CyanogenMod as my daily driver and on rare occasion a few other ROMs. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Oh, two more things: If this is a stock system update, how can I block it? Second, if I update this what will happen (e.g., will I soft brick my phone or worse)?

Thanks in advance.
Remember that it could be push advertising.
Just make a backup in recovery and try it.
Can't you ask the rom dev?
No need to download the whole android sdk or put adb in your path anymore!
Just extract my tool and run the adbClientLaunch script.
To get started go here >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=adbclient
My name is Jacob Lane but I prefer to go by Lgrootnoob. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lgrootnoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

porkyhontas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
The ROM developer is having server issues so it is hard to get a hold of him at his site. Anyhow, I will likely give your suggestion a shot, or I may just go back to CyanogenMod or Avatar ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app