[Q] JVC KD-X50BT Bluetooth Trouble

Tip us?

bkscreamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] JVC KD-X50BT Bluetooth Trouble

Hey everybody.
I just got my GS4 this summer, and I haven't done too much calling with it over bluetooth on my KD-X50BT stereo, but prior to the MI1 and MJ7 updates, BT calling from my stereo was fine. No issues.
However, when I got this last set of updates, I've had people tell me that their end is receiving echos of themselves, and I don't know how to fix it.
My phone rests about 1 foot away from the BT-USB receiver when I use it, so it is not losing BT signal. (ash-tray of a Ford Taurus)
I've tried shutting off the noise-supression on the stereo as well as re-pairing the phone to the stereo with no avail.
AFAIK, there is no software update for this model stereo, and I am not rooted or anything, so my phone shouldn't be the issue.
Audio playback (Spotify, local files) is perfectly fine.

Has anyone had this issue before, and is there a fix for it?

chrishoyt2012
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Could be the other people hearing themselves through your speakers...where is your mic mounted? Also have you checked the squiggly thing on your call screen? Its a noise canceling feature.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bkscreamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishoyt2012 View Post
Could be the other people hearing themselves through your speakers...where is your mic mounted? Also have you checked the squiggly thing on your call screen? Its a noise canceling feature.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The mic is mounted above my rear view mirror. I have the noise-cancelling on the stereo enabled, which should gate out all of the noise from the stereo speakers. Phone's noise-cancelling is on.