XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buying nexus 7 from amazon

Tip us?

Dark Spark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Buying nexus 7 from amazon

I'm currently in saudi arabia and I'm thinking of buying the new nexus 7 from amazon as it is available for international shipping..
It is avaiable through stores here but for an unreasonable price ($480 for the LTE version!)

I've been reading through the forums and found that many of the units had defects/issues and mainly those screen issues (dead pixels, ghost touches, dust under screen) so I'm worried about buying it since it will also be my first time to order something online.

Should I order it ? What should I do if it turned out to be defective ?

yugendreams
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Spark View Post
I'm currently in saudi arabia and I'm thinking of buying the new nexus 7 from amazon as it is available for international shipping..
It is avaiable through stores here but for an unreasonable price ($480 for the LTE version!)

I've been reading through the forums and found that many of the units had defects/issues and mainly those screen issues (dead pixels, ghost touches, dust under screen) so I'm worried about buying it since it will also be my first time to order something online.

Should I order it ? What should I do if it turned out to be defective ?
Amazon has a great return policy. If you notice something wrong with it in the first 30 days Amazon will swap it for a different one. I would assume most issues that you have would arise in the first month of owning the tablet.

StopHammertime
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugendreams View Post
Amazon has a great return policy. If you notice something wrong with it in the first 30 days Amazon will swap it for a different one. I would assume most issues that you have would arise in the first month of owning the tablet.
This exactly. I'm an avid Amazon buyer because of this. I say go for it!

goldflame09
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugendreams View Post
Agreed. I ordered mine from amazon and have had no problems whatsoever

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

My Devices:

Galaxy Player: [KK-4.4]
Nexus 7 (2013) [JB-4.3]
Galaxy SIII

chrismast
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Also ordered mine in the US on launch day via Amazon (no Int shipping) and used my US address to forward to Thailand. No problems till now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy S III (I9300T)
Rooted - Radio: I9300TDUELL2 - PhilZ Touch Recovery - Kernel: Googy-Max
ROM: Slim Bean 4.3

Nexus 7 2013
Stock ROM - Not Rooted (lets see how long )

HTC Desire (A8181)
Hboot: Stock | Rooted & S-OFF
Rom: ICS Beta 0.15.0.1 | Radio: 5.17.05.23 | Kernel: Tiamat | Recovery: 4ExtRecovery Touch

Dark Spark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Your feedbacks encouraged to do it.. I'll probably place my order in a day or two.