5,597,707 Members 35,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no connection to computer/root without computer?

Tip us?

boelsen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] no connection to computer/root without computer?

I've looked at a thousand threads regarding computers not recognising phones but still charging, and nothing has solved the issue.

i had the DN3 v1 rom installed on my note 2, worked fine but got a bit sluggish after a fortnight so went to install DNS v2 as people had problems with wifi when going straight to V3. updated the rom but still had the wifi issues. downloaded the fix but couldnt flash it as phone wouldnt connect to pc.

I needed the phone to work so thought screw it, i'll install the stock 4.3 rom, downloaded the indian version from sammobile, flashed it, still had the wifi troubles. only then did i think i'll just go back to my older backup, except after i flashed 4.3 stock i lost CWM, and the ability to restore the backup. tried flashing roms in the stock recovery but says errors about signature verification.

after more research i replaced the usb board on the phone, but still hasn't changed the problem. i am using the usb cable that came with the note 2, and have tried various other cables and different ports and computers.

is there any way i can get root/CWM installed on the phone without using a computer? not sure what else i can do! thanks.

abady711
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Issue

I have same exact issue, not solved
I wish i can try official 4.3 but I can't use computer because this problem.

To flash rom without using computer read about "mobile odin"

boelsen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i tried mobile odin, but you need root. didn't realise i lost root until after i purchased the app :P

Irwenzhao
Old
(Last edited by Irwenzhao; 4th December 2013 at 09:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 170
There is a app on the internet to root your phone without computers. I don't remember the name but I think it was called framaroot. Will post the website if I find it.
Edit: here u go! Hope this helped! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276

Sent from a small country called Singapore.
Phone: N7105 powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Kernel: Plasma v2.02

Click thanks if I helped!
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

boelsen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the reply, but had tried that. no luck though. seems all the exploits have been fixed from that app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
There is a app on the internet to root your phone without computers. I don't remember the name but I think it was called framaroot. Will post the website if I find it.
Edit: here u go! Hope this helped! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276

Phone: N7105 powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Kernel: Plasma v2.02

Click thanks if I helped!