[Q] Reports of no sound

Tip us?

Roarster31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Reports of no sound

Hi all,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in... this one seemed about right. I'm an app developer and recently I've been getting reports of no sound from a few users using Droid RAZRS. Is there a known problem with this device related to sound? It'd probably be on the stock rom if any. I'm feeling very lost about the issue...

Any help is appreciated!

coreywallen
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roarster31 View Post
Hi all,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in... this one seemed about right. I'm an app developer and recently I've been getting reports of no sound from a few users using Droid RAZRS. Is there a known problem with this device related to sound? It'd probably be on the stock rom if any. I'm feeling very lost about the issue...

Any help is appreciated!
I haven't been on a stock rom in a while but I know that even some of the official releases of Cyanogenmod, i.e. cyanogenmod 10.1.3, i would have sound issues with occasionally. On some boots I would have no sound (no ringtone, no notifications, no sound at all) or no gps and would have to reboot 2 or 3 times before both worked in sync. I've read other posts about others experiencing the same thing and some with bluetooth issues. I know your only concerned with the sound but just wanted to give clarification that there are other issues. With my newest Roms cm10.2 and cm 11 i haven't experienced the issues at all. To me it sounds like a rom issue or kernal issue.

Einheit-101
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Custom ROMs currently have a problem: media server crashes sometimes, so you wont hear any sound anymore (and no vibration, and much more)

Roarster31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hmmm.. So from what you guys are saying it's quite a common issue.. It just seems a but odd that users post reviews complaining about no audio if their entire phone isn't outputting audio. I'll try and make some code that can detect if the issue is apparent or not, then I can let the user know in-app. Thanks for the answers!