XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin and USB

Tip us?

dal71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Odin and USB

I have a Galaxy Note 8 that I would like to root.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Samsung drivers on my PC, and can connect the tablet via USB to my computer with no problem. I can browse the tablet via the computer etc. (Windows 7)

Problem: I fire up Odin mode on my tablet and put it into download mode. (I have USB debugging enabled.)

I fire up Odin 3.07 on my PC and plug in the USB cable.

I have no connection between the tablet and the PC under any conditions when the tablet is in Odin download mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

intelliriffer
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dal71 View Post
I have a Galaxy Note 8 that I would like to root.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Samsung drivers on my PC, and can connect the tablet via USB to my computer with no problem. I can browse the tablet via the computer etc. (Windows 7)

Problem: I fire up Odin mode on my tablet and put it into download mode. (I have USB debugging enabled.)

I fire up Odin 3.07 on my PC and plug in the USB cable.

I have no connection between the tablet and the PC under any conditions when the tablet is in Odin download mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Tried Starting Odin as Administrator?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 557
You may need to install the samsung usb drivers. There is a difference between connecting your tablet to your computer and windows reading it as an MTP device, and connecting it in download mode which the computer sees differently and will need drivers for it. You can find them on the Samsung support site in the download section.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0