Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

boxer29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
tried the cold reboot with the sd card in
it will boot into the old os 4.0.3

then did this
If updates are not appearing as expected, try going to Settings - Applications - Manage - All - DMClient - Force Close/Clear Data/Clear Cache and then reboot.
after inserting the micro sd card
it showed a blue triangle at the right bottom showing found one update the same as i put on the sd card clicked ok..ok.. to install
then the green bot showed up and the blue bar which went to full ,did 2 reboots and then the same old asus logo with the circle spinning and then the blue message on the screen android is updating and optimizing app ......of 128

ps make sure your battery is atleast 50 % charged or put the power lead cause it took me 15 min updated to 4.2.1
then gave a message that it has found another update which is 254 mb i downloaded that as well directly onto the machine
but in the end it gave me an error message with the green bot down and a red exclamation mark on the tummy
had to reboot the machine
its running 4.2.1
JOP4OD.WW_EPAD10.6.1.27.5
Is this right how can go for this update and why it failed ,i think that i left the sd card in it with the old files on it
any suggestions

go to Settings - About - Check for update.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer29 View Post
tried the cold reboot with the sd card in
it will boot into the old os 4.0.3

then did this
If updates are not appearing as expected, try going to Settings - Applications - Manage - All - DMClient - Force Close/Clear Data/Clear Cache and then reboot.
after inserting the micro sd card
it showed a blue triangle at the right bottom showing found one update the same as i put on the sd card clicked ok..ok.. to install
then the green bot showed up and the blue bar which went to full ,did 2 reboots and then the same old asus logo with the circle spinning and then the blue message on the screen android is updating and optimizing app ......of 128

ps make sure your battery is atleast 50 % charged or put the power lead cause it took me 15 min updated to 4.2.1
then gave a message that it has found another update which is 254 mb i downloaded that as well directly onto the machine
but in the end it gave me an error message with the green bot down and a red exclamation mark on the tummy
had to reboot the machine
its running 4.2.1
JOP4OD.WW_EPAD10.6.1.27.5
Is this right how can go for this update and why it failed ,i think that i left the sd card in it with the old files on it
any suggestions

go to Settings - About - Check for update.
Yeah, 4.2.1 is what you wanted to get on. Thats fine, you shouldn't have to worry about another update is it says 4.2.1/

For NvFlash, I wrote a simpler guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post47902196
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

boxer29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes it's running 4.2.1 and the 10.6.1.27.5

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Bagel Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
I edited this quote for your bootloader:

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app
I have a similar problem in not knowing how to upgrade my bootloader. I have HYDRO but it is 4.1.1. Do I just follow the steps in your edited quote to upgrade to 4.2? From there how do I go about installed another custom ROM?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bear View Post
I have a similar problem in not knowing how to upgrade my bootloader. I have HYDRO but it is 4.1.1. Do I just follow the steps in your edited quote to upgrade to 4.2? From there how do I go about installed another custom ROM?
If your on hydro, just flash the stock 4.2 ROM from your recovery or from fastboot. It will erase everything then upgrade the bootloader. Then flash a 4.2 Bootloader compatible recovery and flash any custom ROM
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE