[Q] i9505 unable to tether/hotspot/bluetooth

Tip us?

timonoj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Unhappy [Q] i9505 unable to tether/hotspot/bluetooth

Hi guys,

Here I am asking a rather basic question...I come from a very properly working i9100. I swapped the SIM card with that one, where I could tether with no problem. So now its bigger brother i9505 inherited the SIM. So I'm assuming that's not the source of the problem, the mobile provider (Three Hong Kong) has no tethering/voip limitations.
In the phone (stock ROM the phone came with, v4.2.2 I9505ZHUBMF4) I set the hotspot settings, the laptop(s, tested with two different ones) connect successfully with wifi, but fail to navigate. Pages time out, no ping response.
If I do the same with USB tethering, the phone is immediately recognized and connects as a local dial-in connection, the traffic icon shows on the taskbar. But again, no internet connection. Pages time out, no ping response. Same behavior on the bluetooth connection.

Just to confirm, the old S2 keeps happily performing as USB and wifi hotspot...Any clue as to what's going on?
Thanks a lot!

timonoj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by timonoj View Post
Hi guys,

Here I am asking a rather basic question...I come from a very properly working i9100. I swapped the SIM card with that one, where I could tether with no problem. So now its bigger brother i9505 inherited the SIM. So I'm assuming that's not the source of the problem, the mobile provider (Three Hong Kong) has no tethering/voip limitations.
In the phone (stock ROM the phone came with, v4.2.2 I9505ZHUBMF4) I set the hotspot settings, the laptop(s, tested with two different ones) connect successfully with wifi, but fail to navigate. Pages time out, no ping response.
If I do the same with USB tethering, the phone is immediately recognized and connects as a local dial-in connection, the traffic icon shows on the taskbar. But again, no internet connection. Pages time out, no ping response. Same behavior on the bluetooth connection.

Just to confirm, the old S2 keeps happily performing as USB and wifi hotspot...Any clue as to what's going on?
Thanks a lot!
Anyone?