5,597,261 Members 40,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cast local fires on pc to Tv through phone?

Tip us?

alton987
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Cast local fires on pc to Tv through phone?

Anyone know if something like plex will allow me to browse the local content on my pc and send it to my tv Chromecast via a interface on my phone? I know I have to wait for the sdk to go public.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Anyone know if something like plex will allow me to browse the local content on my pc and send it to my tv Chromecast via a interface on my phone? I know I have to wait for the sdk to go public.
Wait for Plex to support Chromecast?

mastermind278
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Kyocast (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516164) with AllCast (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=98)

third son
Old
Thanks Meter 500
I have been trying to get this combination to work. I flashed 1.1.1 (which includes kyocast?) and loaded the current all cast signed version.... Nothing! Tips? Video with kyocast/all cast? I am stumped.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
You need to use the specific AllCast linked above.
Also, not all formats are playable by Chromecast. Try starting with something shot on your phone or tablet.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And that get you sending local files. I tried ES File Explorer to BS Player share to AllCast but I just got black screen no matter what I tried even files that cast okay from local storage, so I don't think you can go from NAS to phone/tablet to Chromecast just yet. Not unless your phone/tablet lets you mount a network share as a local folder so you can share it from Gallery.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by third son View Post
I have been trying to get this combination to work. I flashed 1.1.1 (which includes kyocast?) and loaded the current all cast signed version.... Nothing! Tips? Video with kyocast/all cast? I am stumped.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
I "think" this will pass a video test? If you run Chrome on a PC, press Ctrl-O which open a file manager, select a video, if it pays on your PC, it will play from AlCast. I found tis to be true although some videos may start with a good delay(15 seconds) and sputter at the beginning.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1

third son
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski View Post
I "think" this will pass a video test? If you run Chrome on a PC, press Ctrl-O which open a file manager, select a video, if it pays on your PC, it will play from AlCast. I found tis to be true although some videos may start with a good delay(15 seconds) and sputter at the beginning.
I got mp4s to stream flawlessly through my phone and tablet with all cast... I had to flash the new build first...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2