5,597,261 Members 40,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cast local fires on pc to Tv through phone?

Tip us?
 
alton987
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 389
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Belton, TX
Default Cast local fires on pc to Tv through phone?

Anyone know if something like plex will allow me to browse the local content on my pc and send it to my tv Chromecast via a interface on my phone? I know I have to wait for the sdk to go public.
 
bhiga
Old
#2  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557
Posts: 1,574
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Anyone know if something like plex will allow me to browse the local content on my pc and send it to my tv Chromecast via a interface on my phone? I know I have to wait for the sdk to go public.
Wait for Plex to support Chromecast?
 
mastermind278
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 82
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Anyone know if something like plex will allow me to browse the local content on my pc and send it to my tv Chromecast via a interface on my phone? I know I have to wait for the sdk to go public.
Kyocast (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516164) with AllCast (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=98)
 
third son
Old
#4  
third son's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 500
Posts: 809
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kzoo
I have been trying to get this combination to work. I flashed 1.1.1 (which includes kyocast?) and loaded the current all cast signed version.... Nothing! Tips? Video with kyocast/all cast? I am stumped.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
 
bhiga
Old
#5  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557
Posts: 1,574
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
You need to use the specific AllCast linked above.
Also, not all formats are playable by Chromecast. Try starting with something shot on your phone or tablet.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And that get you sending local files. I tried ES File Explorer to BS Player share to AllCast but I just got black screen no matter what I tried even files that cast okay from local storage, so I don't think you can go from NAS to phone/tablet to Chromecast just yet. Not unless your phone/tablet lets you mount a network share as a local folder so you can share it from Gallery.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wptski
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 1,345
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Warren, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by third son View Post
I have been trying to get this combination to work. I flashed 1.1.1 (which includes kyocast?) and loaded the current all cast signed version.... Nothing! Tips? Video with kyocast/all cast? I am stumped.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
I "think" this will pass a video test? If you run Chrome on a PC, press Ctrl-O which open a file manager, select a video, if it pays on your PC, it will play from AlCast. I found tis to be true although some videos may start with a good delay(15 seconds) and sputter at the beginning.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1
 
third son
Old
#7  
third son's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 500
Posts: 809
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kzoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski View Post
I "think" this will pass a video test? If you run Chrome on a PC, press Ctrl-O which open a file manager, select a video, if it pays on your PC, it will play from AlCast. I found tis to be true although some videos may start with a good delay(15 seconds) and sputter at the beginning.
I got mp4s to stream flawlessly through my phone and tablet with all cast... I had to flash the new build first...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes