XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Somehow deleted hboot

Tip us?

Jay_P11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Somehow deleted hboot

Many new ROMs I've installed on this phone bootloop. I found out that if I flash a new hboot (version 1.4), it would fix the problem. After putting the PG86IMG.zip that contained the hboot version on the root of my SD, hboot recognized it at flashed it. Rebooted the phone, and now the screen is just black but the buttons on the bottom still light up. Won't go into hboot and about 30 seconds of trying to boot it reboots itself. How can I fix this? Need help fast, as this isn't my phone and I really hope I didn't permanently brick it. Phone was on S-OFF with JBear's 1.57.5757 hboot before I flashed the new one.

Jay_P11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P11 View Post
Many new ROMs I've installed on this phone bootloop. I found out that if I flash a new hboot (version 1.4), it would fix the problem. After putting the PG86IMG.zip that contained the hboot version on the root of my SD, hboot recognized it at flashed it. Rebooted the phone, and now the screen is just black but the buttons on the bottom still light up. Won't go into hboot and about 30 seconds of trying to boot it reboots itself. How can I fix this? Need help fast, as this isn't my phone and I really hope I didn't permanently brick it. Phone was on S-OFF with JBear's 1.57.5757 hboot before I flashed the new one.
I've fixed it myself. What I had to do was keep trying to enter fastboot until my computer recognized the device in fastboot mode. I pulled a 1.50 hboot file from an official 2.17 RUU for the phone, and put it in a zip with a file named android-info.txt that I was missing that I got from the 1.4 hboot zip I had flashed. the file contained this string in a single line:

modelid: PG8610000cidnum: SPCS_002mainver: 1.11.651.2hbootpreupdate:12DelCache:1

Then I ran these commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot OEM rebootRUU
fastboot flash hboot_1.50.000_signedbyaa.zip

The file flashed and I got my hboot back and fastboot up and running again. I'll post an attachment to the file if anyone ever even experiences what I have, or is looking for a 1.50 hboot flashable update zip through the same command process.