5,605,766 Members 48,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Format options in Mounts and Storage Menu?

Tip us?

cppc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Format options in Mounts and Storage Menu?

Hi all, pretty noob question. In Mounts and Storage Menu in Custom Recovery, I see several Format options: format /boot, format /cache, format /data, format /sdcard, format /system. I've never touched these options before. My question is: which options are safe to run (i.e., not brick the phone and I still can go to download mode and run ODIN to restore to stock)? When I flash a new ROM, I just use the wipe options from the main menu of Custom Recovery.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cppc View Post
Hi all, pretty noob question. In Mounts and Storage Menu in Custom Recovery, I see several Format options: format /boot, format /cache, format /data, format /sdcard, format /system. I've never touched these options before. My question is: which options are safe to run (i.e., not brick the phone and I still can go to download mode and run ODIN to restore to stock)? When I flash a new ROM, I just use the wipe options from the main menu of Custom Recovery.
If you are running twrp just slide the bar under wipe. All you need to wipe Is data cache and dalvik. Don't play around with this to much because you can mess up the device. Google twrp format restore. Cwm is the same.

Sent from my phone