XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked on Blue Logo

Tip us?

thehodapp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked on Blue Logo

I've been using Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Kindle Fire HD 7" since it first came out without any problems. Basically, I just upgrade it with TWRP every time Hashcode releases a new version....well it finally didn't work. His thread is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388341

I flashed the latest version, [11/15] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL two days ago. It got stuck in boot so I rebooted successfully. I've been using it for 2 days now and finally rebooted. This time when I reboot, I get stuck on the Kindle Fire blue logo. I can't do anything from there. I can't get into TWRP.

What do I do?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Restore stock from fastboot, I believe with 2nd boot loader installed you can simply plug the device I to your PC after running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and it should goto fastboot and u can restore stock boot loader, recovery, and os from kffa and restart the process. I think people have had issues with this lately or at least something similar because of selinux being added to twrp and cm 11. Just a guess though.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

thehodapp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Restore stock from fastboot, I believe with 2nd boot loader installed you can simply plug the device I to your PC after running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and it should goto fastboot and u can restore stock boot loader, recovery, and os from kffa and restart the process. I think people have had issues with this lately or at least something similar because of selinux being added to twrp and cm 11. Just a guess though.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Thank you! Uh...so I ran the fastboot line and I've got the fastboot logo...but I'm not quite sure how I should go about restoring the stock boot loader, recovery, and OS as you've said. Am I basically factory resetting? Will I be able to get my backed up ROM back?

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 326

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehodapp View Post
Thank you! Uh...so I ran the fastboot line and I've got the fastboot logo...but I'm not quite sure how I should go about restoring the stock boot loader, recovery, and OS as you've said. Am I basically factory resetting? Will I be able to get my backed up ROM back?
Well, you have a couple options. If you're in fastboot then you can opt to to a full system restore. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

If you can get into TWRP, you can push a ROM (or a nandroid if you have one) onto TWRP http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498 You always want to pull a nandroid off your tablet every now and again for just such a case.