Google Edition 9505G performs worse on 4.4?

Search This thread

The111

Jul 4, 2010
Does anybody else with a SGS4 GPe feel like it performs worse graphically on 4.4 than it did on 4.3? I don't have a lot of examples, but one thing that I noticed is the "page flipping" animation in the e-book reader CoolReader played fine in 4.3 but is not kind of choppy in 4.4. This specific animation to begin with is something which I assume would take very little resources, and which worked fine not only in 4.3 but also even on older lesser phones altogether.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Does anybody else with a SGS4 GPe feel like it performs worse graphically on 4.4 than it did on 4.3? I don't have a lot of examples, but one thing that I noticed is the "page flipping" animation in the e-book reader CoolReader played fine in 4.3 but is not kind of choppy in 4.4. This specific animation to begin with is something which I assume would take very little resources, and which worked fine not only in 4.3 but also even on older lesser phones altogether.

Sounds like a problem with the app to me, honestly. Speaking personally, KitKat runs great on my 9505G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: The111

The111

Jul 4, 2010
Sounds like a problem with the app to me, honestly. Speaking personally, KitKat runs great on my 9505G

That's very possible. The app has been acting funky in other ways lately... crashing sometimes even. I haven't used my phone for much else since upgrading, so hopefully you're right and it's limited to that app. Thanks.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Did you factory reset? I always recommend a FR after a major Android release. I kept 4.2, but didn't FR after the 4.3 or 66Y updates. I did so after Kitkat and it positively screems.

I also used ART from the get-go for about 48 hours, the switched to DALVIK for about 48 hours. I've switched back to ART permanently. It makes a subtle yet appreciable difference at this point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds like a problem with the app to me, honestly. Speaking personally, KitKat runs great on my 9505G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4