XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help. Stuck in Android system recovery<3e>

Tip us?

metku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help. Stuck in Android system recovery<3e>

hi i managed to update my tab to the latest firmware 4.0.4 . Previously it was already rooted and TWRP installed. I was thinking of rooting and backing up this build so from romtoolbox i boot into recovery mode (thinking that i will be seeing TWRP) But when boot i was shown the folllowing picture

since all of my buttons are not working (hence the reason installing TWRP ) i was ok fine lets reboot it via adb. therefore i run adb reboot and yet it still boots back to the same screen . Thinking i need to reverting all of the changes via odin i tried reboot download also does not work. reboot-bootloader also does not work. apprently i am stuck at this screen.

Right now i only have access to adb and is there any way i can recover from this?

many thanks again

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 298
I'm assuming you were running some kind of custom rom with TWRP as your recovery before going to stock ICS. Essentially, flashing stock ICS overwrote the old TWRP.
To fix it, flash in TWRP again (its somewhere in the development section) via Odin.

EDIT: If you can't access download mode... Try push the TWRP .tar file via ADB

Sent from my GT-P7510
The Following User Says Thank You to Soryuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryuu View Post
I'm assuming you were running some kind of custom rom with TWRP as your recovery before going to stock ICS. Essentially, flashing stock ICS overwrote the old TWRP.
To fix it, flash in TWRP again (its somewhere in the development section) via Odin.

EDIT: If you can't access download mode... Try push the TWRP .tar file via ADB

Sent from my GT-P7510
the thing is i only root and installed twrp for the sake of backing up since my daughter loves to install application. I've read about pushing / Installing application but that would requires root right? this is my command console like

Right now is there a way to force it to boot into download because thats the only way i see i can fix it (without using physical buttons)

Again many thanks for replying.